Advanced search

Any tips on how to get comfortable in bed at 30weeks?

(13 Posts)
RL20 Fri 13-Feb-15 08:36:16

I'm currently 30+4 and for the past few nights (last night especially) I've been getting what feels like no sleep! I'm awake every single hour, even if it's not to go for a wee. It's not anything to do with noise as you don't hear a thing from inside our home.
I can't seem to get comfortable properly. Also doesn't help that I have a bad throat which hopefully I'll try and get something for today.
I've been having a pillow between my legs for the past few weeks but now it seems like the novelty of that has worn off, or because I've got slightly bigger it's not doing much anymore. Not sure what else to do?

applecore0317 Fri 13-Feb-15 08:47:29

I'm only 25+2 but I sleep with a cushion between my knees and have a boppy wedge pillow under my bump then a cushion behind my back. Plus I sleep on three sloped pillows so I am slightly propped to lessen hip pain, feel sorry for my DH

Siarie Fri 13-Feb-15 08:58:35

Ive got the original one, without this body pillow I wouldn't get any sleep. One end I rest my head the other my toes, it takes all the aches and weight off my back, bump, pelvis, knees and legs.

Number3cometome Fri 13-Feb-15 09:35:18

Go to Amazon, sign up for Amazon prime, order this for next day delivery:

The go back in to Amazon, manage your subscriptions and select 'DO NOT RENEW' on Amazon prime.

You'll have this tomorrow, it's amazing (OH bought me one for my birthday) and you won't have paid a penny for next day delivery!!

Number3cometome Fri 13-Feb-15 09:37:35

Here's me relaxing on mine! ha!

shelley1977 Fri 13-Feb-15 09:38:42

Lots of pillows help make you more comfortable, between legs, under bump,extra at head. but ive hardly slept the last 4 weeks due to being uncomfortable and sore.

GoooRooo Fri 13-Feb-15 09:40:58

In the final stages of pregnancy I had an extra duvet folded up underneath me. It was the only way I could get any sleep.

smilingthroughgrittedteeth Fri 13-Feb-15 09:45:53

I'm just about to turn 35 weeks and up until the last few nights pillows have worked for me...... A long one in front so I can put under bump and between legs and one supporting my lower back.

Now nothing helps sad

Number3cometome Fri 13-Feb-15 09:47:46

Have you tried having a nice wind down before bed? Glass of warm milk (even lettuce is a sedative, bit random eating lettuce before bed)

Get in the bath nice and dark with some candles, then quietly off to bed (no tv's phones / ipads!)

flippityflip Fri 13-Feb-15 10:01:30

I am the same and roughly the same stage too,even have the sore throat! I have seen physio because of a few different problems but she advised me on a sleeping position which has really helped,I was originally using about 4 pillows for it but just got one of those big u shaped ones on amazon and it has made more of an improvement again. I will try and describe-if lying on left side put pillow between legs and straighten left leg and keep right leg bent on top.Turn top half of body as though lying on front,with a pillow under chest then other pillow/two pillows under head with left arm either under pillow under head or behind you.
Sounds really odd but weirdly comfortable!Hope it helps!grin

missingpinotgrigio Fri 13-Feb-15 10:40:34

I'm 39+6 and a few weeks ago I raided the house for spare duvets and have been sleeping with 3 double duvets folded over! DH calls me Princess and the Pea! The pillows between the legs and under bump didn't really work for me as I'm a bit of a fidgeter when I sleep! The cats seem to like my side of the bed as well!

RL20 Fri 13-Feb-15 22:23:30

Thankyou l everyone I appreciate the replies and relieved I'm not the only one out there having rubbish sleep- although I do sympathise with you all!
I'm currently in bed now so I'm going to rearrange my pillows and see how I feel.

I'm convinced my sore throat and cough is what's making me wake up a lot during the night as it's making me feel a bit 'poorly' and stuffy-headed confused

Number3 - my partner orders from Amazon a lot so I'll show him tomorrow and hopefully he might take the hint! grin Unfortunately on my phone (on the mumsnet app) I can't seem to see photos but I'm sure you look very comfortable and I'm not jealous at all! confused

Will also try the duvet thing if I can find an extra one lying around tomorrow!

Wishing everyone a comfortable nights sleep grin

PenguinPoser Sat 14-Feb-15 08:12:47

I have the dream genii lite pillow, it's just the part of the dream genii that supports back and bump, I find it easier than multiple pillows. Am also sleeping with a thin pillow between my legs now as well. Seems to help a bit. Stuffy noses do not help matters either!! I am starting to think that bad sleep is just natures way of preparing us for what's to come!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now