Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

TMI - reflux?

(6 Posts)
sleepybee Thu 12-Feb-15 22:01:50

I've never suffered heart burn or indigestion so I'm not sure what it feels like, but for a couple of weeks I've been getting what I assume is reflux - a little bit of sick will come up into my throat/mouth - usually after eating a meal. Sometimes it really burns like when you're sick & it's just bile. Is this heartburn? Anywhere to treat it?

applecore0317 Thu 12-Feb-15 22:36:12

Sounds like Heartburn to me, I rely on Rennies, Gavison is good as well.

I find that I have to avoid spicy foods

Lop12345 Thu 12-Feb-15 23:20:13

I was getting really bad heartburn around 10-15 weeks & spicy food made it worse so avoided it for a while. But it soon passed so hopefully it will got you too

ILiveOnABuildsite Thu 12-Feb-15 23:23:14

Gaviscon dual action are really good for quick relief I find. I suffer badly with heartburn even when not pregnant although pregnancy heartburn are something else altogether, there is no need to endure it though, make sure you find and take a medication that works for you. If they are very bad and/or persistent and over the counter stuff doesn't work than gp can prescribe something for you even if you are pregnant.

Topsyloulou Fri 13-Feb-15 05:10:01

Your GP can prescribe Gaviscon for you. I didn't even need to see mine, just rang up, said I was 35 weeks & the Dr wrote out a prescription for a huge bottle. Wish I'd realised that before I'd spent money on a couple of bottles. The boots own brand stuff is as good as gaviscon if you can't wait to get to the Dr.

Pico2 Fri 13-Feb-15 05:19:05

Gaviscon is good, but when it wasn't enough I was prescribed ranatidine.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: