Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Holiday/flying during pregnancy

(8 Posts)
Pyjamaramadrama Thu 12-Feb-15 19:10:49

Would you/have you been abroad at 31/32 weeks?

Found a perfect holiday but I'd be 31 weeks going 32 coming back.

I'm thinking it's too late and risky, but there won't really be another opportunity to go now until next year.

Crazy to even consider it?

SueV14 Thu 12-Feb-15 19:22:15

If you are well and in good health by then depends on the destination I would say? Europe near cities/towns with proper hospitals should be fine I guess. Speak with your MW/consultant. Assuming you are good to go they will certainly advise you to check on hospitals in the area you are planning to stay. Also, make sure the airline you are planning to fly with will take you cause their rules for pregnant women vary.

Threesocks Thu 12-Feb-15 19:26:40

I was fine at that stage to travel - but everyone is different. Do make sure you double check your travel insurance as well as the airline's policy. Some travel insurance has much earlier cut offs for travelling than the airlines do. Enjoy!!

HazleNutt Thu 12-Feb-15 20:20:41

depends where - I would avoid remote islands hours from hospitals.

Christelle2207 Thu 12-Feb-15 22:54:00

Most travel insurance stops at 32 weeks though you might get away with a letter.

Fattycow Thu 12-Feb-15 23:00:36

Check with the airline first! Not all of them will let you fly!

Topsyloulou Fri 13-Feb-15 05:13:32

It would also depend on what you're planning on doing on holiday & how hot it will be. I went to Tuscany at 26 weeks. The heat & walking round did get a bit too much for me on a couple of days. The days spent lounging by / in the pool were great though.

Pyjamaramadrama Fri 13-Feb-15 07:38:47

Thanks all. It's Cyprus at Easter so wouldn't be too hot and would be mainly lounging around.

Not sure on insurance/flight though.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: