Talk

Advanced search

Feeling damp

(16 Posts)
GoooRooo Thu 12-Feb-15 15:49:41

Erm, this is a bit embarrasing, but I am spending half my life running to the loo to check my knickers. I had a MC last year so am so worried about bleeding.

I'm having to wear panty liners every day because everything downstairs is very, well, moist. I know that's grim.

Am I alone in this? Am I cursed to suffer pant slime/dampness on my own?

Currently 7+4

Zsazsabinks Thu 12-Feb-15 15:53:27

Oh no, increased vaginal discharge is unbelievable! Don't worry!

seaoflove Thu 12-Feb-15 15:55:15

Nope. Normal. I'm 26 weeks and was feeling distinctly damp today.

Dogsmom Thu 12-Feb-15 16:09:35

Me too, I'm 37+ 3 and have been wearing liners for months, if I don't my knickers are wet within minutes and my thighs get sore and chapped, I was told it's all to do with the vagina keeping itself super clean.

Whatabout Thu 12-Feb-15 16:10:51

I'm the same. Constant running vaj and the fear it's bleeding. It's endless isn't it?!

GoooRooo Thu 12-Feb-15 16:15:53

Oh, phew. I didn't have this when pregnant with DS so it's come as a bit of a surprise.

If it's the vagina keeping itself clean mine must be spotless.

Swanny84 Thu 12-Feb-15 17:03:50

I was amazed how much discharge you loose in the early days, then eased up a bit and came back with vengeance about 13 weeks, now 16+3 and seems to have eased up again (for how long i don't know). Another joy of pregnancy im afraid x

weelamb123 Thu 12-Feb-15 17:25:59

Yes, I'm the same. Constant dampness and wearing panty liners. Xx

prettywhiteguitar Thu 12-Feb-15 17:30:12

Yup same all the way through, now 34 weeks , panty liners give me thrush so changing my pants a lot, bought more pants than baby things as yet !

GoooRooo Thu 12-Feb-15 17:32:29

No one tells you this stuff do they? They talk about the glow of pregnancy and the nesting and the joy of growing a living being in your tummy but no one talks about the pant slime.

GoooRooo Thu 12-Feb-15 17:33:27

I'll tell you what else they don't tell you about; the farting. (That one really might just be me though)

smilingthroughgrittedteeth Thu 12-Feb-15 17:39:41

Unfortunately the farting isn't just you blush

I'm 34+4 and have been wearing liners since getting a bfp. I also had a miscarriage last year and it took me till I was about 25 weeks to stop going to the bathroom to check it wasn't blood. It's perfectly normal.

pinkie87 Thu 12-Feb-15 17:55:59

Hahaha gooorooo you made me chuckle. And for the record I am totally with you on both counts. How embarrassing!

GoooRooo Thu 12-Feb-15 18:06:44

You don't get this kind of advice in 'What to Expect When You're Expecting', do you?

Where's the chapter on having to get your DH to paint your toenails and trim your lady garden past 24 weeks because you can't see below your bump?

StoneBaby Thu 12-Feb-15 18:24:28

Completely agree on the damp pants and running to the loo to check it's not blood. 17+3

PerpetualStudent Thu 12-Feb-15 19:38:18

Pant sneezes, I call it. Not nice and I've also lost count of the number of times I've dashed to the loo to check it's not blood - what fun we have!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: