Advanced search

How long did it take for downs screening tests to come back?

(11 Posts)
Emilyjane11 Thu 12-Feb-15 10:43:33

Hi ladies,

Had a quad blood test at 16 weeks pregnant. I am now 19 weeks and havent had the results back. I was just wondering how long it took for your test results to come back so i know when to contact the hospital? Thanks

Bustherb Thu 12-Feb-15 10:50:44

I had the NT one and it took 3 weeks, I rang the hospital in the end (your midwife can tell you the number) and they gave me my results over the phone. The longer it takes the better wink xx

Skeppers Thu 12-Feb-15 10:57:10

Spooky, I was just thinking about this...I had my bloods and NT measurement done last Thurs and they said they'd call me within 3-5 days if there was a problem, otherwise I'd get a letter in a couple of weeks. I was trying to work out whether hospitals had 'working' days so I could calculate when I could breathe a sigh of relief!!

ChickenMe Thu 12-Feb-15 10:59:06

Can't recall exactly but it wasn't as long as that. Less than two weeks. We had intermediate result which gave us th option of Harmony Test as our health authority is trialling it. So hopefully the longer they take the better as they would have to tell you higher risk results first to give you more time to arrange tests. smile

Emilyjane11 Thu 12-Feb-15 11:01:24

Thank you ladies I have lost a bit of faith in the whole system really. Was diagnosed with an under active thyroid 2 weeks ago that showed up on my bloods 13 weeks ago but no one picked it up. I guess I just have to try and relax. No news is good news xx

WipsGlitter Thu 12-Feb-15 11:06:03

They're testing for a range of things not just Downs Syndrome so it can take a while.

WhyNotSmile Thu 12-Feb-15 11:08:22

I remember being told with most of these things that if there's a potential problem they'll phone you, so that action can be taken; if all is ok then they process it at a more normal speed and you'll get a letter eventually. I think mine took a few weeks, but don't remember for sure.

Emilyjane11 Thu 12-Feb-15 11:22:11

Thank you xx

Overtiredbackagain Thu 12-Feb-15 14:21:02

I had the quad test at 14 weeks, and results were exactly two weeks. Agree with others, no news is good new.

NickyEds Thu 12-Feb-15 15:12:41

I had the quad test at 15 weeks and the results letter came back about 2 weeks ish later. No news is definitely good news, mw said that if I was high risk they would have phoned me within a few days. My friends was high risk and got a phone call 2 days after the test.

Emilyjane11 Thu 12-Feb-15 15:19:42

Thank you. You have put my mind at else xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now