Advanced search

What are the best products for you and your baby? From travel systems to sterilisers, you can find out all you need to know from our Mumsnet Best reviews

Find out more

Oh shit. 8 weeks left

(13 Posts)
mrsdicaprio Thu 12-Feb-15 07:52:49

Starting to panic now. Only 8 weeks until ELCS with no 2. I feel like I've literally only just started to cope with keeping on top of housework and dc1, although we have moved house.

I can't believe we will have a newborn again in 8 weeks. Nothing is ready. Nesting like crazy. Is anyone else this unprepared?

gallicgirl Thu 12-Feb-15 07:57:50

4 weeks to go.
Crib is in the garage in 3 pieces waiting to be painted.
Suppose I should wash baby clothes and get emergency bags ready. Having a homebirth though so haven't got the same sense of urgency about packing.

PontypineNumber9 Thu 12-Feb-15 07:58:39

Yes and I am having a c section for DC2 this week! Hoping everything will just sort itself out.

shelley1977 Thu 12-Feb-15 08:48:36

I have between 3 and 6 weeks and feeling mild panic now! Its baby number 6 so not to worried about managing and basic stuff more I haven't even started sorting and washing baby clothes or bedding yet. Its still mixed up in boxes in the attic from when I moved in with partner in October. We only just started attic conversion last weekend as been sleeping in living room and hope it will be done for us before baby arrives. Worst of dust and mess past now at least.

mrsdicaprio Thu 12-Feb-15 08:50:43

Gosh guys! residual panic gone but panicking slightly for you all now. Hope it all goes well! No 6.. you deserve a medal shock

Bondy83 Thu 12-Feb-15 08:53:45

I've got 2 weeks left til my due date with ds3! I can't imagine how life is going to be with a newborn again (my other 2 are 7&5) I'm absolutely shitting it now getting all the what the hell have I done? feelings and wondering how my other 2 are going to adapt to their little brother. Eeeekkkkk! !!!!

dancestomyowntune Thu 12-Feb-15 08:54:08

I SHOULD have 9 weeks left. However dd3 was born eight days ago and is currently in neonatal sad. She is doing amazingly well, have her cannulas removed today and breathing completely unaided.

However I was totally not ready. Crib is still in the loft, bedroom (ours) halfway through being decorated, had bought next to nothing and am now frantically trying to organise getting everything done before she will be ready to come home and visit her as much as possible whilst trying to keep on top of cesarian pain, and express breast milk for her.

duckfilledfattypuss Thu 12-Feb-15 08:58:35

8 weeks to go here too! Have done nothing despite grand plans to move DS1 to his own bedroom, decorate, wash and prepare old baby clothes and have hospital bag packed by now. I think I'm in denial so hoping the nesting thing kicks in soon!

weeblueberry Thu 12-Feb-15 09:27:55

dance oh I'm so glad the wee one is doing well smile what a little trooper!!

I'm due in six weeks with my second and we've bought a double buggy and....nothing else. I also said to DP last night that our evenings of quiet time and relaxation were going to end soon. At least this time we're mentally prepared for it though! grin

shelley1977 Thu 12-Feb-15 09:46:52

dances glad your little one doing well x

Chillyegg Thu 12-Feb-15 10:55:51

8 weeks to go with my first not feeling panicky just impatient. Plus all the things I've ordered haven't arrived yet and I just want them to come so I can sort the clothes I've brought out. However all you ladies in my opinion deserve a medal! And to the lady expecting her 6th I doth my cap to you! smile

ChickenMe Thu 12-Feb-15 11:07:42

dances glad your LO is ok.

We aren't massively organised. Haven't ordered pram or bought car seat nor done nursery. 8 weeks to go to term. Will find out in 4 weeks whether I'm to have an ELCS. I'm kind of just realising that I might have to give birth at some point..confused

mrsdicaprio Thu 12-Feb-15 19:28:42

Oh dances bless you so glad she's doing well! You must be run of your feet.. hope she's home soon with the rest of you. thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now