Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

I'm a spotty mess!

(11 Posts)
ambientolf Wed 11-Feb-15 20:30:18

I'm 9 w 5 and I am really suffering with spots at the moment on my face, neck, back, SHOULDERS? My skin is so try that when I put makeup on it just looks disgusting anyway so I don't bother. Does anybody have any tips on how to help this? Usually I have one or two spots on my face but definitely not as many as I seem to have now I'm pregnant! angry

ambientolf Wed 11-Feb-15 20:30:44

*dry not try

Bippidee Wed 11-Feb-15 20:31:48

They get better. At least you're not sprouting random hairs on your chin....

Bippidee Wed 11-Feb-15 20:32:32

Oh, and drink lots of water. Lots and lots of water.

applecore0317 Wed 11-Feb-15 20:35:47

It does get better in the second trimester.

Wash your face before bed, go make up free when at home, keep moisturising and yes lots of water. I bought a good exfoliator which I used three times a week

HopefulSmile14 Wed 11-Feb-15 21:41:07

Aghh mines the same got them popping up everywhere got my wedding on Saturday and I'm increasingly looking like a pizza hmm

crazypuglady Wed 11-Feb-15 21:47:49

I'm having this trouble too. I've told everyone it's an allergic reaction but it's really getting me down now sad

HollyC255552 Wed 11-Feb-15 21:52:33

I'm the same..and I'm 17+3! They seem to go quiet for a few weeks then they all of a sudden they decide to come out to play again very annoying! The way I look at it now though is It's all going to be worth it in the end as your going to have a beautiful baby. smile

bm1980 Thu 12-Feb-15 16:53:02

I was the same early on and still getting some now at 29 weeks. My skin has been very dry too. I've been using Body Shop vitamin E oil morning and night and it seems to have helped. Using tea tree on the actual spots too and drinking lots of water as others have said. It really does get you down though :-(

crazypuglady Thu 12-Feb-15 17:10:02

Thanks for the tip with the tea tree oil bm1980 I'll send DH to the body shop tomorrow.

Rockchick1984 Thu 12-Feb-15 23:37:07

I had them throughout pregnancy with DS and none with DD so figured if I ever decide to have a third I will be able to make a reasonably good gender prediction based on my skin grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: