Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

8weeks, not feeling the glow

(17 Posts)
hestialou Tue 10-Feb-15 14:44:16

Hello, I am really suffering atm, and keep anything down, today have horrible back pain and currently in the toilets at work cos feel like crying...is this normal and how long does it last?

Marshpillow Tue 10-Feb-15 14:46:49

You should start to feel better in a few weeks, be strong! However, I don't mean to scare you but some people just don't get the glow. I'm 33 weeks and I'm still waiting for it. Try to rest when you can and do whatever you need to to feel better - sleep, have a bath, eat chocolate smile

weelamb123 Tue 10-Feb-15 14:47:44

I'm 17 weeks and still struggling.....still no glow! X

Marshpillow Tue 10-Feb-15 14:47:46

Oops just saw that you can't keep anything down. If you aren't even keeping water down then contact your midwife.

LaceyLee Tue 10-Feb-15 14:49:24

Normally you feel much better after 12-14 weeks, it's normal to feel rubbish at 8 weeks. I felt pretty good in 2nd tri. Not sure about glow but hair skin and nails were definitely much nicer. Hope u do feel better soon

hestialou Tue 10-Feb-15 14:50:00

Thanks marsh, chocolate is so far off the page atm, am sat here trying to think of excuse to leave sadwork early today, so can go home to bath and bed

TheImprobableGirl Tue 10-Feb-15 14:51:40

Dd is 9 mknths

TheImprobableGirl Tue 10-Feb-15 14:52:02

Sorry, 9 months and I've just started feeling the glow smile

hestialou Tue 10-Feb-15 18:00:12

Thanks all, have managed to keep lunch down (so far) today so will relax and am seeing midwife tomorrow. Just hope it doesn't get any worse as cant cope with concentrating at work as it is!

CakeInMyFace Tue 10-Feb-15 18:07:12

I just wanted to say I totally sympathise. Im just over 8 weeks too and feel hideous. No vomiting thankfully but the nausea is unrelenting and so tired and keep gagging and retching. Work is hell and cant concentrate on anything..my poor dd is watching a lot of tv too. Hoping it passes soon. I think hormone levels peak around now so hoping it doesn't get worse! Hope u feel better soon.

britnay Tue 10-Feb-15 18:13:55

39 weeks into second pregnancy... the glow is a fucking myth I tell you!

DoctorDonnaNoble Tue 10-Feb-15 18:14:04

Another person struggling! I'm 8 +5 today and I could honestly go to bed now. I have just completed two full teaching days and it's getting really exhausting being in front of classes all day! Hoping to not be so tired tomorrow as I actually have a free.

hestialou Tue 10-Feb-15 18:15:40

Hi cakeinmyface, not sure I could cope if had dc already, so feel for you! Hopefully this is the peak, have been sick since 9dpo, but just in past week has gone up several notches.

alliebongo93 Tue 10-Feb-15 18:16:04

Hi just wanted to say that I'm 8 weeks aswell and exactly the same. Morning (or should I say all day) sickness is really getting the better of me and my emotions are right at the surface. I remember with my last pregnancy this started to ease at around 10-12 weeks so hopefully we just have to stay strong until then!

Dogsmom Tue 10-Feb-15 19:32:30

I had the same with both of mine, absolutely detested early pregnancy,.it wore off arond 17-18 weeks.

I dont think there's ever a glow though,.as you get bigger it's sweat from the exertion of carrying the bump around.

GotToBeInItToWinIt Tue 10-Feb-15 19:38:00

18 weeks into second pregnancy and haven't felt any sort of glow since before I was pregnant with DD, who is now 15 months old sad

MissTwister Tue 10-Feb-15 22:01:49

It usually gets better hang in there. I am 16 weeks and whilst I don't feel the glow as such I certainly don't feel the crushing tiredness and depression that I did around 8-10 weeks.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: