Talk

Advanced search

In need of reassurance

(4 Posts)
livsmum4 Tue 10-Feb-15 13:14:26

Hello

Not sure if this is the correct place to post but I jus need some support.

My 4 yr old daughter has just been diagnosed with Scarlett fever, I am 38 weeks and 3 days pregnant and can't stop worrying that this will harm the baby or if baby comes how upsetting it's going to be with DD still being contagious. Doctor said there is no evidence that it will affect my unborn baby (which didn't really reassure me) but he hopes it stays put until daughter is no longer contagious.

Am I over reacting to freak out a little sad

Zsazsabinks Tue 10-Feb-15 13:28:50

Don't worry, you'll be absolutely fine. You're 38 weeks now so baby's nice and strong and protected by you, be good if DD1 is better before baby comes and I'm sure she will be.

Everything's a lot to take on at this stage!

xx

blackwidow74 Tue 10-Feb-15 14:18:45

Baby will have built a fab immunity to mist things by now in readiness for arrival ... and if anything has an even better immunity with you dealing with exposure to scarlet fever smile and if you plan to breastfeed those first few days of colostrum will give extra whammy ... Most problems from exposure to this sort of illness are in the first 12 weeks before the placenta takes charge smile

livsmum4 Tue 10-Feb-15 14:43:45

Thank you - think it's just the name Scarlett fever freaked me out!

Feeling a bit calmer now

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: