Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Dr 1st???

(6 Posts)
MumToBe2015R Tue 10-Feb-15 09:27:05

Hi,

I have my doctors 1st tomorrow, could you advise me on what this appointment is about? Just that midwife didn't give me to much detail & as its my first I don't know. Also is it necessary for DH to be there?

Thank you x

Whatabout Tue 10-Feb-15 09:55:39

GP hasnt seen me at all. We just self refer to midwife and do booking in with them. That involves medical history, bloods and Urine sample here.

I saw gp last time and she worked out edd and told me to take vitamins. In and out in two minutes.

What they're about is very area specific.

NickyEds Tue 10-Feb-15 10:49:54

Gp didn't see me for ds or in this pregnancy. My mw told me to see the gp if I had a non-pregnancy related problem . It must be an area thing, I wouldn't bother taking your DH, especially if it means him booking a day off work but then DP didn't come with me for anything except scans.

SaucyMare Tue 10-Feb-15 10:51:24

yeah DH came with me to all the appointments with the first. he only came to scans for the second, as he added no value, and got nothing from any of them.

NickyEds Tue 10-Feb-15 10:51:36

Actually, just thinking and my friend had to see the gp because she needed a prescription for extra folic acid due to high BMI, apparently her mw couldn't prescribe it??????

happygojo Tue 10-Feb-15 11:23:54

I saw my Dr first with this one. It was a double appointment and he just worked out my initial EDD, spoke to me about Folic acid and drinking and cheese and being healthy. weighed me and gave me a piece of paper to book my booking in. All very simple. This didn't happen with my first preg which ended in MC, and I must admit it felt nice to be 'in the system' from 5 weeks rather than waiting for my booking in which was at 10 weeks.

My OH didn't come with me for this, and that was fine. It is all boring really. Good luck!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: