Advanced search

What are the best products for you and your baby? From travel systems to sterilisers, you can find out all you need to know from our Mumsnet Best reviews

Find out more

2nd baby forgotten what to do re mw booking in etc....

(4 Posts)
Chchchchanging Mon 09-Feb-15 23:51:38

When do I need to go to dr etc? How do I get into system- know I don't need them to confirm pg but I've moved house since last time and reception at Gp permanently engaged to phone and ask! What's normal? Thanks

mathsy Tue 10-Feb-15 00:19:59

Go to Dr when you've had a positive test and they refer you to a midwife. Then you have a booking in appointment with the midwife a week or so later.

Swanny84 Tue 10-Feb-15 02:19:08

I walked in surgery, filled out a little slip of paper with lmp date and name etc and was given a mw app for a month later. Told to ring a different number (was sure start) where they made booking app for a week later. They weighed, measured and gave some leaflets about smoking and diet and went through downs form.
Mine was also a new surgery x

sleepybee Tue 10-Feb-15 04:03:06

I also just joined new GP practice I made an appointment for GP when I was 5 weeks she then referred me to the hospital week later I had 2 letters come through one with booking appointment with midwife at 10 weeks & other was 12 week scan appointment. When I went to booking appointment was told all other midwife appointments would be with a certain midwife at my GP practice & I've gone there since -I just call & request midwife appointment the midwife surgery is only on one afternoon a week at my GP surgery, but this suits me as my appointments are pretty much at the same time/same day so it's easy to organise with work. I think you can by pass the GP appointment & just ask for a midwife appointment if you have midwifes working out of your surgery -not all practices do

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now