Advanced search

What are the best products for you and your baby? From travel systems to sterilisers, you can find out all you need to know from our Mumsnet Best reviews

Find out more

need advice can't stop worrying

(4 Posts)
Crystalhugs28 Mon 09-Feb-15 19:20:43

Hi I'm 14+4 days pregnant with my second child, I had the blood test done to check for downs, hospital rang me to say and said it's clear for that but there's protein in my blood that can effect babies growth and to see her on Wednesday to talk about it, I'm so scared what does it mean she never really explained just said she would talk to me about it when I go to hospital, is there summit wrong with baby, is it me, has anyone had this??? Any help would be great

daluze Mon 09-Feb-15 20:06:06

The most likely is that one of the hormones that they check in blood during the combined screening is a bit out of range, which can indicate some issues with placenta which can affect baby's growth later in pregnancy. Most likely that they will suggest closer monitoring of baby's growth later in pregnancy, i.e. more scans towards the end of pregnancy. It does not mean anything is wrong, some women just have lower hormone levels and that does not mean anything, but it is better to keep an eye on baby's growth later on. Good luck and try not to worry too much (I know easier said than done!)

Crystalhugs28 Mon 09-Feb-15 20:17:35 for ur reply, I'm.going out of my.mind with worry, wedsnday can't come quick.enough, Drs never explain anything properly they just expect u to just not worry but it's hard when it's ur baby x

daluze Thu 12-Feb-15 14:50:18

Hope all went well yesterday and you ae reassured.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now