Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Massive knees!!

(7 Posts)
Fingerscrossed10 Mon 09-Feb-15 18:46:20

I'm 33+2 and not really had any major problems but in the last week I've gone from size 12 jeans to size 16 leggings just due to the size increase of my knees!! I can hardly bend them now after a day at work, is this it for my knees now? Do I have to give up work and rest my massive knees wearing these horrid leggings for the next 7 weeks?! Any ideas, thoughts, sympathy, similar stories or if you are just equally laid up and need some company then just stop by and have a moan about your fat bits too!! confused

TywysogesGymraeg Mon 09-Feb-15 18:48:26

I couldn't wear any shoes either with DD1. So much watervretention my legs were like tree trunks.

CurlsLDN Mon 09-Feb-15 18:48:48

Do you have any swelling in your hands/feet/face? Are your rings uncomfortable? (if you wear any?)
Severe swelling can be a sign of blood pressure issues, so worth mentioning to your midwife

Fingerscrossed10 Mon 09-Feb-15 19:07:15

Oh no luckily I can still fit in my shoes I just can't bend to get them on! Did the swelling go before birth?!? Please say yes!!

Weirdly just my knees that have ballooned up the rest of me is slightly puffy but no where near the same scale of growth. Yeah rang my midwife 4 times since sat then annoyingly her call back leaving a message saying she was off until Thursday... Might have to try 111 though am sure the second I mention swelling and pregnant will send me to the grotty hospital which is the last thing I want to do.

Fingerscrossed10 Mon 09-Feb-15 19:07:36

Oh no luckily I can still fit in my shoes I just can't bend to get them on! Did the swelling go before birth?!? Please say yes!!

Weirdly just my knees that have ballooned up the rest of me is slightly puffy but no where near the same scale of growth. Yeah rang my midwife 4 times since sat then annoyingly her call back leaving a message saying she was off until Thursday... Might have to try 111 though am sure the second I mention swelling and pregnant will send me to the grotty hospital which is the last thing I want to do.

Bunnychan Mon 09-Feb-15 19:32:08

Try drinking loads of water and elevating your legs to help with the swelling; I would personally get it checked out if its sudden x

sleepybee Mon 09-Feb-15 20:27:24

Water, watch salt intake, rest with feet above heart level & Epsom salt baths can help.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: