Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Worried

(8 Posts)
Hardy1988 Mon 09-Feb-15 14:31:14

Hey,

Just wondering whether anybody else feels the same.

I am 27 weeks pregnant and worrying myself sick daily that I am going to lose the baby. I have joined count the kicks page on facebook and having read so many horror stories about stillbirth, people going to the hospital and the baby having passed away days/weeks before, not having any pain or bleeding and the baby has died. sad

I have had a couple of nerve wracking scans, a CVS, possible heart problems (all of which turned out to be fine) and I just feel like something is going to go wrong.

I thought pages like count the kicks were supposed to be there to ease your worries but I just feel like it has made it worse.

Please can anybody tell me if I am totally losing the plot - or if this is normal - how to try and stop my head from worrying so much.

Thanks,

E x

Findingthisdifficult1234 Mon 09-Feb-15 14:36:36

I joined the count the kicks page on facebook and then 'unliked' the page as it worried me too.
Don't look on the page anymore and just listen to your body,
I'm nearly 22 weeks and feel baby move each day (not regular movements) but at least once a day I can feel it. If I didn't feel the baby move for one day id go get checked out to see what's going on!
It's best to try not to read all those horror stories or it will put alot of negative thoughts in your mind.
Have you enjoyed pregnancy so far? Do you feel your baby move daily?

Jacamaar Mon 09-Feb-15 14:47:22

i know how you feel im expecting dc5 i am 35+6 today and like you i have had a cvs and heart scans thankfully all back normal but i still worry constantly.
i am having a growth scan tomorrow so will see little one but i think im getting more nervous as i get closer to the end.
with this being dc5 and last you would think i would be more relaxed but im not.
i think i will just worry everyday until she is here and then a whole new load of worries will start smile

geekymommy Mon 09-Feb-15 14:54:25

I didn't count kicks last time. DD is 2.5, and now I'm trying to get her to stop kicking me. I hope I don't have to count kicks this time, it's just one more thing to deal with. The placenta was in the front for DD, so I probably felt fewer kicks than some do. This time it's in back, but I hope they don't ask me to do kick counts.

Hardy1988 Mon 09-Feb-15 14:57:14

The pregnancy has been great - (apart from the tests) I have had no sickness, or problems at all. I feel him move all the time but as soon as I don't feel him for an hour or so I go into full blown panic mode. I am driving my partner crackers - i'm sure he thinks i'm losing my mind (at times I feel like I am!) I just want to relax now and enjoy this final trimester but I just feel so scared that something is going to happen. sad

Marshpillow Mon 09-Feb-15 15:13:12

I'm 33 weeks and my girl has always been a quiet one, so I don't count kicks but instead try to go by what's normal for her. For example, I always get a few first thing, and lots last thing at night. Also she's active when I'm in the bath or when I'm on my gym ball. A few times she's gone quiet even when I've had a bath/gone on the ball/had a cold drink/ eaten chocolate etc so I've gone in to be checked and she's been fine.
Would you feel better if you stopped counting kicks and instead focused on the baby's routine? They might not have one just yet and apparently they don't get into one until 24-28 weeks depending on who you speak to!

Findingthisdifficult1234 Mon 09-Feb-15 15:13:44

It's so easy for people to say 'try not to worry' and I must admit it can get to 7/8pm at night and I'm not aware of any movements still and I do start to worry, but then before I go to sleep I normally end up feeling some movement (mine are more flutters still at this stage than proper kicks)
But you just have to remember baby could be sleeping, or not at an angle that allows it to kick you! Please try not to panic yourself and try enjoy the rest of pregnancy.
If you are at all worried at any time then go to the hospital and don't feel silly about it, they are used to plenty of women doing it and best to be safe than sorry.
I don't know if anything myself of other posters can say will stop you worrying but you just need to try to control the worrying (this is what I do, as I'm awful for worrying and constructing stories in my head that will prob never happen!)
All the best op x

leanne963 Mon 09-Feb-15 15:29:16

I joined the Count the Kicks facebook page and within an hour a lady uploaded a picture of her stillborn baby at about 30 weeks. It terrified me. I knew there were 'worst case scenarios' but i was reading about them all over the facebook page and it made it sound really common so i started to panic lots. This pregnancy has been relatively easy, just the occasional bit of spotting, but i am 25 weeks now and feel like i am willing the weeks away until she is here. It is really scary and every day i worry a little, but i know that if i have ANY concerns that triage is only a phone call away and they will get you in to see if you and baby are ok! One bit of advice someone gave me is that people will ALWAYS share horror stories, or stories of when things went wrong etc....but it is rarely positive stories that are shared. So for every negative story you hear, there are probably two hundred uneventful stories. smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: