Advanced search

3rd trimester sex drive

(10 Posts)
brightreddress Mon 09-Feb-15 11:10:30

So for most of my pregnancy I have felt pretty ambivalent about sex - seeing it as a nice way for me and DH to stay close but also feeling a bit tired and not bothered. However since hitting the third trimester my drive has been through the roof! Sexy dreams, wanting it all the time, you name it. My poor DH is bewildered but pleased. Is anyone else having this?

shelley1977 Mon 09-Feb-15 11:26:54

My sex drive has been pretty high during this pregnancy, im third trimester too and there are times when I really want it but then suddenly lose the feeling! We are down to 2 positions which work, cant wait be able to do it different ways after baby is born smile

Number3cometome Mon 09-Feb-15 12:00:47

I'm in second trimester, I have to say my sex drive has been through the roof for the whole pregnancy, even during my HG phase (awkward)

I keep being told by my friend who has just had a baby (and didn't have sex more than a handful of times during pregnancy) that it will wear off soon and after baby is born I won't want it.

I don't know why people are so negative!

It is quite normal for me and OH to have sex every day, he is quite happy and so am I!

We are down to a few less positions than before (it's my 3rd baby, his first) and he is worried he will squish the baby.

greenlizard Mon 09-Feb-15 12:06:51

I seem to be really up for it when I am at work - mid morning - which is handy grin.

I like the idea of it then by the time I get to bed I can't seem to keep my eyes open long it's either first thing or after work. Probably about 4 times a week currently although we are running out of positions that are possible at 35 weeks!

Zsazsabinks Mon 09-Feb-15 12:28:11

First trimester I loved it, even second, third...urgh, no way. I think DH feels the same as I think I'm about the same size as a range rover and miserable!

sleepybee Mon 09-Feb-15 12:58:56

Baby kicking puts me off confused

Zsazsabinks Mon 09-Feb-15 13:21:25

Yes, bit odd trying to get close to each other when you know that the little person you created is hiccuping between you! lol. NOT sexy.

Gemzybelle Mon 09-Feb-15 15:26:22

Mine is definitely improved since entering third trimester but not to the point of actually doing it. The mind is willing but the body isn't grin

I'm far too big and ungainly to manage now. Rolling over on my side in bed takes 3-4 separate movements so sex looks unlikely grin

snowydrops Mon 09-Feb-15 17:00:35

Ha ha this has made me laugh!

I am 35 wks and mine has definitely improved this trimester. As someone else said mid morning seems like the time i am most keen which is of no use and by the evening I am exhausted (also have a 3yr old DD) and so I would say we only manage it once a week but I'm happy enough with that. Normally it's only 2-3 x anyway and considering the tiredness think this is pretty good at this stage!

To whoever mentioned about friends saying you'll 'never feel like it again' after the baby arrives I also disagree, I had a very bad tear first time around but as soon as I was signed off by the Dr at 8 wks I was very keen despite being a bit scared it would hurt! Everyone is different of course but i loved having my body back to myself and am sure will feel the same this time around! I was a bit paranoid about getting pregnant again though!

blowinahoolie Thu 12-Feb-15 15:11:28

Like this at 12 weeks, wanting it all the time. During the night especially! Spooning is the only way, quick and easy for both of us. I think poor DH is wanting it too, as much unprotected sex as possible before baby comes along! He knows it just won't be happening for ages after the birth.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now