Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

early preg after a miscarriage 2 months ago

(7 Posts)
SnowWhite26 Sun 08-Feb-15 21:14:01

Hi.
so I had a miscarriage at about 5-6 weeks in Dec.I have discovered this week that I am 5 weeks preg smile I am thrilled but scared.I have been having period type cramping that comes and goes and woke up last night with what I think was bad trapped wind.I have also been of colour and a bit nauseas.Are these all normal thimgs this early on.Especially the on and of cramps.
Thanks smile xx

Rockinghorse123 Sun 08-Feb-15 22:24:29

Hello. smile
I am in exactly the same position, miscarriage at 7 weeks in November and currently 6 weeks pregnant. It's such an anxious time.
I am also having period type cramps but I had these with ds so I'm taking it as positive. Nausea is a good sign too or so I'm told. I've been sick a couple of times and the 3 people who know I'm pregnant (DH and managers at work) keep telling me it's a good thing!
I know it's easy to say but I'm trying to stay positive and just take 1 day at a time.
Good luck and fingers crossed for us both! flowers

SnowWhite26 Mon 09-Feb-15 07:10:21

Thanks.I am too.Really appreciate your reply and knowing someone else is in the same boat xx

hestialou Mon 09-Feb-15 08:03:24

Hi, also in same boat, mc November at 7 week, currently 7 weeks. Keep saying nausea is good, sign of high level of hormones xx

Cornonthecob Mon 09-Feb-15 08:05:43

Our baby after mc is now 6 years old! Congratulations!

BotBotticelli Mon 09-Feb-15 08:15:14

I had a MC in feb 2012 at 6 weeks. I got pregnant again at the end of March 2012, and have just dropped that baby - now a boisterous 2 year old - off at nursery.

I have heard it's quite coming to get pregnant again quite quickly after a MC. Congratulations.

I am currently 16 weeks pregnant with DC2. Have had period style cramps all the way through so far, from finding out at 4 week. They've started to go off a bit in the last week or two.

Cramps can be a good sign - everything stretching and moving down there.

Hang in there and try not to worry yourself too much - essentially: what will be, will be.

If you can afford it, you could book yourself in for a private early scan somewhere at around 8 weeks so you don't have to wait until the 12 week NHS one?

I did this this time. It was reassuring. It cost £80 but for me was worth it.

Good luck xx

SnowWhite26 Mon 09-Feb-15 19:38:06

Thanks for all your reassuring words.I will try to not worry smile xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: