Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

34 wks - period like cramps, normal?!

(10 Posts)
snowydrops Sat 07-Feb-15 19:32:22

I'm 34 wks and this evening have been having period like cramps in waves in my lower tummy and back ache sort of crampy feeling. The inner thigh area also aches and pains sort of radiate down there.

I'm taking it easy, had a bath, took a paracetamol but it's still there.

Any advice? This is my second DC but I can't remember having this first time around until early stages of labour but maybe I did?!

Do I call a midwife or just ignore? Are some chocolate as baby seems quiet and it kicked a bit so assume is ok but why the pains? Is really quite sore.

ProbablyMe Sat 07-Feb-15 19:44:07

I think I'd get checked out just in case. Especially if baby has been quieter.

Londonlive Sat 07-Feb-15 19:51:16

If you have limited movement, please go to hospital NOW!!!

BikeRunSki Sat 07-Feb-15 19:52:00

Go to hospital.

Flosshilde Sat 07-Feb-15 19:52:17

Definitely get checked out. I got pains in my thighs at 33 weeks and was in slow early labour. It took me three days to get checked by which time they couldn't stop it and I had DS1 at 33+4.

The second time round I knew what was happening and managed to hold on till 38 weeks.

snowydrops Sat 07-Feb-15 20:18:20

Flosshilde, were your pains on and off? I've had these for the last couple of days and it does seem odd.

Saying that the crampy pains have gone off now, just drank a massive glass of Apple juice and baby seems to have perked up. I will definitely monitor movements though

I still think it's weird but my DD1 is in bed so I might see if pains come back and then if they do will go back to hospital.

Maybe I should call the midwife anyway though about the weird achey thighs!

flippityflip Sat 07-Feb-15 21:07:01

I have this tonightand last couple of days too but baby moving plenty in my case,and I'm only 30 weeks. I had braxton hicks from early on in previous pregnancies but I can't remember them as feeling like this.Then again this pregnancy nothing is quite like my others,loads of weird symptoms!

Jodie1982 Sat 07-Feb-15 21:12:07

How are you OP? It sounds like early Labour pains, I'd definitely call maternity triage if you haven't already? Good luck.

snowydrops Sat 07-Feb-15 21:26:04

No more pain...baby moving so staying put for now but if they come on again I'll definitely call.

I

Jodie1982 Sat 07-Feb-15 23:31:44

Glad things have slowed down for you. Plenty of rest if you can, it's hard when theirs other children to look after, I've got 3!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: