Advanced search

What are the best products for you and your baby? From travel systems to sterilisers, you can find out all you need to know from our Mumsnet Best reviews

Find out more

Positive experiences of Mothercare Expedior?

(7 Posts)
boatrace30 Sat 07-Feb-15 12:45:52

I wasn't considering this until I saw it today and really liked it. 3 wheel option seems great for country walks which I do a lot of and the price is so good. There seem to be a lot of negative reviews though, so wonder if it isn't worth it?

sallysimpson Sat 07-Feb-15 12:58:57

I went with it mainly because it was the cheapest option for a lay flat pram for newborn, my 98th percentile baby had naps in it until nearly 6m old so very good size compared to others ive seen! Also quite deep and kept baby nice and cosy through the winter. Fab big shopping basket also a plus! Got lots of comments on how smart it looked. I had 4 wheeler and was super ezsy to turn and manouvre even with a basket full of shopping.
Downsides- is annoying having to take top off the pram to collapse it into 2 parts, also quite bulky! The brake is not positioned well and can get accidently kicked on! Not sure if just my big baby, but the car seat positioning caused the seat belt to cut into his legs by about 4 months, i made do for a by using a blanket,as we mostly walk places until he could go forward facing.
I bought it for the pram option mainly, with the intention of buying a lightweight buggie after a year, so didnt want to spend much . Overall for what i payed for it i am happy and would recommend!
Hope that helps, sorry for sp and punctuatoon- baby climbing over me!

sallysimpson Sat 07-Feb-15 13:02:01

Should add i bought a mattress for pram off amazon for a fiver or so and used moses basket sheets. The padding u get with it is not enough. My baby slept in it during day and in evenings until we took him up to bed with us. So saved us carrying moses baskrt up and down stairs.

Aciderwouldbenice Sat 07-Feb-15 13:36:30

I bought one 2nd hand on eBay for using at the yard as I have horses. It is fab, goes through all terrain and easy to push on long walks across fields. It has been to competitions, pushed across becks, lived in a tack shed all winter and been fine, I have been very happy with it - £20 well spent!

boatrace30 Sat 07-Feb-15 14:10:05

Thanks sally that does help! I was already planning on buying an extra mattress and actually not fussed about the car seat because I have been given a maxi cosi that I plan to use. So will probably stick the seat straight onto ebay!
Nice to know it works on all terrains too! :-)

Mummyonthehill Sat 07-Feb-15 15:00:29

We had the 4 wheeled version. Therefore spent around a quarter what most of my friends did, at £250. Within a year everyone switched to a MacLaren style buggy anyway. £1000 or thereabouts is expensive for a pram /pushchair to use to less for than a year.
It works well, was comfortable (we also bought an extra mattress and sheet) and the pushchair works well too. Was not heavier, bulkier or more difficult to fold than travel systems that cost 4 times a much.
We spent a lot more on nursery furniture (wardrobe, cotbed etc) that will be used for years. Would recommend, I think the expensive travel systems that are popular are mostly just for the name, and people feel guilty buying anything cheaper for their pfb.

boatrace30 Tue 10-Feb-15 12:15:44

Thanks Mummyonthehill - That does make me feel better. I have lots of pregnant friends at the moment, all of whom are spending four times as much! We've ordered the Xpedior now, but I am feeling the guilt and am still obsessively comparing travel systems online!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now