Advanced search

What are the best products for you and your baby? From travel systems to sterilisers, you can find out all you need to know from our Mumsnet Best reviews

Find out more

Graco Evo or Evo XT

(6 Posts)
boatrace30 Fri 06-Feb-15 20:56:04

I was planning to get the Graco Evo, and my only worry was the plastic wheels as I do a lot of walking and often walk off-road. Went to Mothercare to check it out and saw the Graco Evo XT which seems so much nicer and has rubber wheels and better suspension. But... it costs £200 more. Anyone know if it is worth the extra money?
Does anyone out there have an Evo? How have you found it off road? Reviews seem mixed.

Ridingthestorm Fri 06-Feb-15 21:28:35

I looked at both. I was going to get the XT but went for the Evo.
XT has rubber wheels and suspension and mud guards but that's about it! I got the Evo because Mothercare had it for �279.99 for the travel system - pushchair, pram and car seat (exc: isofix base).
It isn't worth the extra �200.

leanne963 Fri 06-Feb-15 21:49:37

Graco is a fab make! I got the graco symbio and it's so light and easy to use! I was originally looking at the evo but stumbled across the symbio in Babies R us!!!!

Mrsmorton Fri 06-Feb-15 21:51:51

For a split second I thought that you'd posted in baby names.

boatrace30 Fri 06-Feb-15 22:00:16

Riding - have you been pleased with the Evo - have you used it off-road at all? I'll check out the Symbio too!

Shellios1 Fri 06-Feb-15 22:41:11

After looking at lots of travel systems we have opted for the Evo XT but although we've built it we haven't used it yet as our little one hasn't arrived yet. That said it seems very sturdy and my husband was very impressed with the build quality when assembling it and we love the ease with which it collapses compared to other models we tried. Not sure if you're interested in the carrycot but the sales assistant tipped us off that the old Evo carrycot is currently in the sale for £50 and fits on the new model perfectly and is considerably cheaper then the new XT model at £129+. For us that helped to offset the cost of the more expensive buggy. It does fit and looks fine as without the buggy seat which has the grey/orange colour scheme you wouldn't know that the black carrycot wasn't designed for it, unless of course like me you've become an expert at which models which! After consideration we opted not to get the Graco car seat though as we weren't happy with the reviews and sales staff didn't seem able to reassure us. Due to where we live and the fact babies shouldn't be in the car seat for long we didn't actually feel we'd put it on the frame much, especially as we've bought the carrycot. Trip to the supermarket = car seat then put this on the trolley, visiting friends/doctors etc = probably just use the car seat, and for longer trips out we'll use a car seat and then transfer baby to the carrycot for a less squashed ride! We're loving the carrycot frame too which should allow us to put the carrycot in the living room without the hassle of having to clean the wheels/frame each time. Can't wait for little ones arrival now so we can try it all out!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now