Advanced search

What are the best products for you and your baby? From travel systems to sterilisers, you can find out all you need to know from our Mumsnet Best reviews

Find out more

Caesarian scar pain in subsequent pregnancy

(4 Posts)
ag123 Fri 06-Feb-15 20:49:14

Hi there,

This evening I have started to feel a bit of mild pain in my Caesarian scar and I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this?

What makes it all the weirder is that I'm only 10 weeks (although already getting a bit of a tummy)... I feel like I could understand if I was massive and the scar was really stretching but I'm pretty early still and going to get a lot bigger!

Would it make a difference that I have a pretty massive scar due to it being an emcs and they struggled to get ds out resulting in an extension to the original wound that was made?

Is it that the bit that ripped never fused together properly? confused Am I going to rip open?? confused (Slight panic setting in...)

Any thoughts/shared experiences much appreciated.

jmojo Fri 06-Feb-15 22:12:16

Scar tissue does not stretch very well and so it can get tender. More than likely it may be that when you healed that some of the layers underneath (there are a few, fat, rectal sheath, muscle, peritoneum) stuck together (totally normal) with something called adhesions. Separating them is what makes people with multiple c/s more complicated to operate on. So it may just be those starting to stretch. It is hard to say. Very unlikely you will rip open so put that out of your mind and maybe call your midwife if you have booked in and mention it to her.

WilsonWilsonWoman Fri 06-Feb-15 22:58:54

I had this in early pregnancy too but haven't had it in ages, 25 weeks now. I think it's just an initial stretching thing.

ag123 Sat 07-Feb-15 08:34:40

Good to hear others have experienced the same. Has eased this morning but will definitely continue to monitor it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now