Talk

Advanced search

Thought it was Kidney infection....

(7 Posts)
leanne963 Fri 06-Feb-15 17:28:45

I havery had really bad aches in what I thought was my kidney area but a urine sample has ruled this out and the GP said that it is just the general stretching of the ribs!

I thought the front ribs would stretch forward I didn't know the back ones could be affected. It's really achey. My entire back feels strained and achey, I'm only 25 weeks so didn't expect to get back pain yet!

Anyone else have this and do you have any tips!? I just feel like taking a bath now!! Lol

applecore0317 Fri 06-Feb-15 17:46:10

Shame Leanne, hope it eases off! hot water bottle would probably help and some light back stretches to ease any additional tension

applecore0317 Fri 06-Feb-15 17:47:52

Also a massage from your partner. I find thay really helps with back pain, or look to see if anywhere near you does pregnancy massages

leanne963 Fri 06-Feb-15 18:00:57

Thanks apple i am definitely gonna get a hot water bottle and my partner just offered to rub my back later! I think I pregnancy massage sounds like a good idea smile

TakingTheStairs Fri 06-Feb-15 19:08:36

Make sure your bra isn't too tight. You might need to go up a back size. That made a real difference to my rib pain.

leanne963 Fri 06-Feb-15 19:42:17

My bra doesn't feel too tight as i recently went from 34d to 36d to stop it being tight but you might be right...I should probably go get measured!!

applecore0317 Fri 06-Feb-15 22:09:14

definitely get measured, I was the same size last time but my straps weren't tight enough which was causing "sag" as they put it and the lack of support can cause back ache smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: