Talk

Advanced search

Orange berocca baby??!!

(3 Posts)
Chchchchanging Wed 04-Feb-15 21:39:18

So I'm ttc and taking frolic acid, but noticed on my daily berocca blast that it's got 190% frolic acid daily requirement, so is that enough in own right or should I stop the berocca for fear of a fizzy orange baby popping out and just take single supplements or is it ok taking frolic and berocca?! winkshock

PenguinPoser Wed 04-Feb-15 22:11:08

What is the folic acid content of the berocca in micrograms? Should say on the box. The recommended supplement amount for pregnant/ttc is 400micrograms a day, and taking a bit more than this is not going to be harmful. However would be careful (without me knowing what is in berocca) that it doesn't contain any vitamins etc that are to be avoided in pregnancy (like vitamin A). Might be safer just to take a pregnancy safe multivitamin?

Pocketangel Thu 05-Feb-15 14:33:11

Apparently you shouldn't take Berocca in pregnancy so I'd cut it out now if you're ttc. Stick to the preconception vitamins and folic acid only.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: