Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

GP or not. Breathlessness at 30+4 twin pregnancy

(4 Posts)
Graciescotland Wed 04-Feb-15 15:03:23

I seem to be developing a lovely chesty cough. Breathlessness, blue fingernails at base, get a bit woozy if I exert myself. Add to that the girls are breach at the moment so two lovely heads pressing my into diaphragm which I'm sure isn't helping. Had a cold in November that turned really wheezy/ struggling to breathe the GP thought it was an asthmatic reaction and prescribed salbutamol (blue inhaler). Seemed to linger for best part of a month before I shook it off. Can I just start taking the salbutamol again? I don't think there's much left though. I have a midwife's appointment on Tuesday, I assume she could just get doctor to repeat perscription. Generally well apart from this except my blood pressure has gone up recently from roughly 110/60 to 146/90 but urine was clear.

TIA

Number3cometome Wed 04-Feb-15 15:23:33

146/90 is a bit on the high side, i'd see your GP for sure.
Nothing like a bit of reassurance and Tuesday is fairly far away OP

AuntieMaggie Wed 04-Feb-15 15:28:30

Definitely see your gp as your bp is a bit high and breathlessness can be a sign of low iron levels and it was the only symptom I had and ended up needing a blood transfusion.

bettyboop1970 Wed 04-Feb-15 16:05:53

I would ring your surgery for an emergency appointment. As you are 30+ weeks with twins don't take any chances. Get yourself checked out by GP or hospital. All the best.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: