Advanced search

What are the best products for you and your baby? From travel systems to sterilisers, you can find out all you need to know from our Mumsnet Best reviews

Find out more

Does this sound normal for 33wks??

(1 Post)
snowydrops Wed 04-Feb-15 09:26:57

33 wks with DC2, standard pregnancy so far. DD1 was full term (actually ten days late) normal delivery. Since that I have had 2 x lletz procedures on my cervix (they basically shave a bit off due to abnormal cells).

For the lash few days I've had sort of period pains, v low down in the middle and lower back ache. I also ache at the very top of my inner thighs. I am having loads of Braxton hicks, they are not painful but am getting sporadic sharp pains into my cervix area (hard to know exactly!)

I know what labour feels like but I don't remember feeling anything like this first time around until maybe 39/40 weeks and I am worried. I called the midwife and she basically said take a paracetamol which is fine but I keep thinking perhaps I have an infection or something because surely constant dragging / pain is not that normal at this stage or is it because this is my second baby?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now