Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Ready meals and listeria

(5 Posts)
WorryWurta Wed 04-Feb-15 07:27:38

Hi, sorry to bother people but i was hoping to settle an argument between me & DH. I'm working on overcoming my prenatal OCD , of which listeria is a big issue. I opened a Quorn cottage pie yesterday for tea and got a bit of the mashed potato on my fingers which I just kind of brushed off. Then I got the veggies et al out the fridge. Afterwards I started to freak that I should have washed my hands after opening the pack cos ready meals are a risk for listeria. Now I'm worried I might have contaminated the fridge with small amounts of killer mashed potato. My question is do normal pregnant ladies wash their hands after opening ready meal type things? Or would you just carry on going about your kitchen business? I know it's an odd question but I couldn't think of another way to find out what normal kitchen behaviour was lol

eurochick Wed 04-Feb-15 07:28:41

This is your OCD talking.

HangingInAGruffaloStance Wed 04-Feb-15 07:58:28

Carry on as normal. It wouldn't even cross my mind, and I am careful about these things.

Mrscog Wed 04-Feb-15 08:18:13

That wouldn't even have crossed my mind. And anyway, if a ready meal had been stored correctly (ie in the fridge), then there wouldn't really have been time for the listeria to grow to any numbers and that's with a huge IF there was any listeria in it anyway!

plinkyplonks Wed 04-Feb-15 08:22:59

Agreed, wouldn't have even crossed my mind to worry about this and I was 100% natural born worrier :P

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: