Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Is it safe to drink lucozade whilst pregnant?

(4 Posts)
PenguinTuxedo Tue 03-Feb-15 16:26:08

I cut out all caffine at 5 weeks (I'm 14+4 now), but the tiredness is overwhelming. The last hour at work is the hardest, where I am literally falling asleep and starting to slur my words like I'm drunk! So I was wondering if it's safe to drink a bit of lucozade to perk me up a bit?

Currentlyclueless Tue 03-Feb-15 16:28:12

It's safe but watch how much sugar you have though out the day if you're going to have luco

Lizzy86 Tue 03-Feb-15 17:52:14

I would say no, but that's because l know just how much crap and caffeine goes into lucozade. I would stick Lucozade Isotonic, it still perks you up but doesnt have the same caffeine intake, so it makes you enjoy it a little more without the worry.

I also found that from about 16 weeks onwards, i didnt feel as tired, so it will soon pass smile I'm now 27+4 and feeling less tired

Currentlyclueless Tue 03-Feb-15 17:55:05

Normal lucozade doesn't have that much caffeine in mostly sugar.

Lucozade revive is the one with high caffeine content

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: