Talk

Advanced search

can you feel kicks this early?

(13 Posts)
misseskimo Tue 03-Feb-15 10:00:21

I'm currently 18wks, have been feeling flutters and popping for the past couple of weeks now which mw told me is baby moving. But last night and now this morning I'm feeling something that feels like someone is flicking my stomach from the inside really hard... A few times it really made me jump from my position in bed as it caught me off gaurd and was really strange and sudden. I got DH to feel to see if it was just me, and most he couldn't feel, but one really big "flick" he did and said to him it was like someone poking him through a padded coat... I've been getting them for the past half hour again now and just wondering if it's a weird way of my body expressing wind (never had it like this before) or if its baby movement being a bit more forceful? Didn't think you could feel that much so early though? confused

imjustahead Tue 03-Feb-15 10:09:43

yes you can. i have only had one child but felt all you have described when you have.

grin lovely x x

sarkymare Tue 03-Feb-15 10:21:59

I felt kicks from about 16 weeks with DS. It felt like a single piece of popcorn popping. DP could feel them by about 18-20weeks.

How exciting! Xx

GoooRooo Tue 03-Feb-15 11:22:01

Yes absolutely! It's really exciting when you first feel them moving

carbolicsoaprocked Tue 03-Feb-15 12:52:23

I felt first movements (sort of like the popping you describe) at 17 weeks 4 days - was a little uncertain about whether or not I was imagining it as it's my first and had read that you tend to feel it a bit later with your first, but now I'm a bit further on I'm certain those feelings were baby kicking. DH first felt it at 20weeks but that was also the first time he tried. Exciting, isn't it!

m33r Tue 03-Feb-15 12:55:41

DH was able to see and feel a kick at 18+1 with me (that's the first I saw / felt too) so definitely!! Congrats

NickyEds Tue 03-Feb-15 13:30:19

Could definitely be baby. I felt ds kick at around 19/20 weeks but this time I'm 17 weeks and felt it last week. It does feel like someone flicking you from the inside! I think that sometimes the "butterfly" flutter feelings might be the baby rolling around too.

LovelyWeatherForDucks Tue 03-Feb-15 14:14:07

I felt little pokes (that DH could feel too!) around 18 weeks

Showy Tue 03-Feb-15 14:17:21

At my 16 week appointment, the midwife commented on the fact that not only could she feel ds kicking, she could see him too. He kept booting the Doppler every time she tried to listen to him. I have a short abdomen and my uterus was always palpable early and the baby higher than you'd expect.

jmojo Tue 03-Feb-15 15:34:42

Yeah you got kicks!! That is exactly what mine were like, flicking, from the start... Thats what freaked me out because it was only 15 wks!!

Christelle2207 Tue 03-Feb-15 19:05:59

Sounds like kicks to me. I felt very little until 21 weeks with dc 1 but currently expecting dc 2 and have felt him kicking since 11 weeks midwife doesn't believe me expect the kicks to become stronger and more frequent!

blankfornames Tue 03-Feb-15 19:38:34

I started to feel movements at 15 weeks! So magical. Im now almost 38 weeks and will miss my little kicks and shuffles!

misseskimo Tue 03-Feb-15 21:49:18

Wow. Genuinely thought it was too soon, how strange but nice at the same time! smile

So far I've had 4scans and two apts with mw (consultant led pg) and at each mw and two of my scans, they joked at how active my baby was, do doesn't surprise me now thinking about it. I get the feeling this ones going to be a handful! Lol x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: