Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Just lost plug...

(14 Posts)
blankfornames Mon 02-Feb-15 13:36:07

How long did you have to wait after you lost your plug until you had your Baba? I'm 37+5 today.
Thanks

ISolemnlySwearImUptoNoGood Mon 02-Feb-15 13:40:32

It's hard to say. Sometimes it's not an indication that labour is imminent and it could be some time before you actually do start labour.

With my first, it was the first sign I got of early labour which then went on for days and days.

loopsyloup Mon 02-Feb-15 14:38:02

I lost my plug (or some of it) about three or four weeks ago, and now am 37+3 with no sign of bubba. This is my second though so I think it's all a bit stretchier down there and therefore more likely I move a bit faster... Still, I did have a worrying couple of weeks with a possibly preemie on the cards, and now desperate to have the baby as I'm SO uncomfortable and bored with being pregnant...

Anyway sorry, minor rant. I wouldn't get your hopes up too much re plug, that's all.

rubberducky87 Mon 02-Feb-15 15:13:10

I'm 36 weeks and I lost mine 6 weeks ago confused

NerrSnerr Mon 02-Feb-15 15:14:50

I lost mine at 38 weeks and she was born a week later.

Jodie1982 Mon 02-Feb-15 15:21:08

I keep hoping to see mine! I'm very niggley today, and wishing for other signs that it's all happening. No luck yet. (38+2)
OP I don't think it means much to lose the plug. In previous pregnancies it never meant anything to me, unfortunately. I think if your having any type of discomfort like contractions it's a sign that the cervix is moving along nicely.
Good luck smile

bagofsnakes Mon 02-Feb-15 16:08:34

Lost my plug at 36 weeks... I'm 39+4 and still going...

Letmeeatcakecakecake Mon 02-Feb-15 16:09:16

I lost mine 18 hours before DS was born!

Happilymarried155 Mon 02-Feb-15 16:31:40

Your plug actually repairs itself after a couple of days so it doesn't mean labour is imminent as you could have another in a weeks time! You never know though!! X

woodwaj Mon 02-Feb-15 16:37:24

I know it means nothing but i am constantly checking! 39+1 huge and fed up! Could you lose your plug and not notice? I'm going to the loo 3 to 4 times per night in the dark!

Cherryblossom200 Mon 02-Feb-15 16:52:18

I'm 39 weeks tomorrow and mine is coming away slowly, normally mornings (it's has a routine lol!) started a few days ago and to be honest apart from feeling very tired there are no signs of labour yet. So could still be a few weeks until the big day.

afreshstartplease Mon 02-Feb-15 16:53:36

Never that I saw!

In any of three pregnancies

blankfornames Mon 02-Feb-15 17:04:02

Ah ok...! I won't throw the bags into the boot yet so! I'm having lots of BHicks. I worked the birthing ball for a full hour earlier and then the plug appeared!
I've been offered a sweep at 38+6, I wonder should I consider it? Total first timer here! Google imagining 'mucas plugs' on my phone is a sure example of that! blush
Thanks for advice so far!

fairgroundsnack Mon 02-Feb-15 17:06:52

I lost a smallish amount about a week before DS was born, then lost a massive amount about an hour before he was born. With DD I think it all went within the last hour of labour.

A sweep is fine if you are already a bit soft and dilated. If you are not ready then it will be horrible - especially with first baby - and I would be surprised if your midwife recommended it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: