Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Ice pack for perineum - what to get?

(5 Posts)
bagofsnakes Sat 31-Jan-15 20:47:59

I had my last baby in the US and the hospital gave me some disposable (twist to activate type) ice packs to take away with me to soothe my horribly torn and battered perineum. They were wonderful and even had a sticky strip down the back, like a sanitary towel, to help them stay in my knickers. I know that I'm going to have to get my own here, and I'm fine with that, but what to get and from where? I've had a look on Amazon but can't really find what I'm looking for.
Does anyone have any advice? What did you use? I have seen the Femepad option, and they look like they could do the job, but there aren't many reviews so not sure whether to spend so much on them.

Scotinoz Sun 01-Feb-15 02:11:11

The hospital I delivered in had a freezer full of water filled condoms wrapped in gauze for perineum icing. Hilarious, and very effective grin

They recommended icing for 20 minutes whenever you went to the loo or changed your pad.

bagofsnakes Sun 01-Feb-15 12:19:54

Ha! Love the idea of DM and MIL's faces when they visit and are confronted by a freezer full of water filled condoms smile Great idea though. I think I'm going to suck up the expense and go with the Femepad option as I just can't seem to find anything else.

Halfpastthelegofmyshirt Sun 01-Feb-15 17:16:36

Dampen a maternity pad and freeze it?

jlsmwg Sun 01-Jan-17 15:21:14

Just incase this forum is revisited. You can get these on Amazon UK now :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now