Advanced search

Maternity leave is harmful to your health (light hearted!)

(5 Posts)
FantasticMrsFoxx Fri 30-Jan-15 23:07:59

I've had three weeks of maternity leave and in that time I've baked (and eaten) five batches of chocolate chip cookies, plus wearing slippers around the house all day, instead of supportive shoes, has given me painful fallen arches!
Whilst there's no way I could have gone to work these last few weeks, my diet and posture were seriously better before...!!

JennyBlueWren Sat 31-Jan-15 10:22:26

Mmmm... could do with some chocolate chip cookies! How much longer have you got to go? You could start sending them to the rest of us?

FantasticMrsFoxx Sat 31-Jan-15 12:53:06

Not sure I could waddle to the Post Office but I could type out the recipe...?
I'm 40+4 by the NHS guess-a-date calculations and 40+0 today by own dates. I'm seeing the MW again on Tuesday to discuss induction at +10 but really hoping it doesn't come to that.
Baby is turning into a cookie monster and I think even he/she has had enough as I'm back snacking on carrot sticks and tangerines!!

JennyBlueWren Sat 31-Jan-15 14:42:52

Send me the recipe please and I'll make some when I go on leave in a couple of weeks.

NoodieRoodie Sat 31-Jan-15 21:27:04

You're an amateur!!!

I had 5 weeks off before DS arrived (he was nearly 2 weeks late!) and I took to baking pretty much a cake a day. Some days when I'd eaten most of the first cake I'd bake a second before DH got come so it wouldn't look like I'd scoffed a whole cake blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now