Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Advice needed-odd collection of symptoms started suddenly 29 weeks

(13 Posts)
flippityflip Fri 30-Jan-15 20:09:07

Today I have been feeling progressively worse all day,nothing that would worry me on it's own but all together and coming on so quickly is concerning me. Symptoms are sore head, nausea, heartburn/indigestion/possibly trapped wind pain at base of ribs, really really tired all of a sudden and generally just feeling off as well as mildly painful braxton hicks-irregular but uncomfortable. I don't have a midwife appointment for another 5 weeks but don't want to make a big fuss over nothing.I know a few of these can be PE symptoms but if anything my blood pressure is on the low side and was checked a week ago,at which time I also had a urine test and bloods taken,also I have no swelling which makes me think it probably isn't that.
This is baby no.3 and I don't remember anything like this from the last two!hmm

flippityflip Fri 30-Jan-15 20:10:46

Oh also sore eyes-as though dry but not really as they keep watering.

juniorcakeoff Fri 30-Jan-15 20:20:41

Blood pressure can change really quickly. I would call the labour ward and tell them particularly about the rib pain and headache, they are real warning signs.

juniorcakeoff Fri 30-Jan-15 20:22:20

If your eyes are blurred / flashing lights this is also a symptom of pre-eclampsia. However some people get dry eyes and floaty bits in pregnancy anyway....the only way of knowing for sure is to get checked out. Sorry.

flippityflip Fri 30-Jan-15 20:22:32

Really?Even if it's normally low?Do you know what brings on preeclampsia?

kittyvet Fri 30-Jan-15 20:23:18

Totally agree. PE not something to muck about with! Get a BP and a urine check done

juniorcakeoff Fri 30-Jan-15 20:27:10

No one knows, they think it might be something to do with the placenta malfunctioning. There are various risk factors such as a family history of preeclampsia, obesity etc. but it can affect anyone. Doesn't matter if BP normally low. They can test your urine fairly quickly and easily for protein at the hospital and do your BP.

waffles1990 Fri 30-Jan-15 20:27:29

Please ring your labour ward/triage immediately and get assessed. Much better safe than sorry. This is coming from a Midwife

waffles1990 Fri 30-Jan-15 20:31:14

Don't mean that to come across bluntly, I just think you really should get those symptoms checked properly . Let us know how you get on smile

flippityflip Fri 30-Jan-15 20:56:15

Thanks everyone,will do that!Wasn't sure if I would just look like an overreacting hormonal worrier!

Katnipp Fri 30-Jan-15 21:41:05

Hope youre getting checked out. I have very sever pe and week before had been totally fine. In between only felt tired and off. Can come on very quickly so please get checked out asap.

flippityflip Mon 02-Feb-15 12:56:10

Hi All just to update came down with heavy head cold from late Friday night/early Saturday morning so put it all down to that.However new collection of symptoms last night/this morning and ended up in EOU.Have posted a new thread,if anyone has experience of this would really appreciate input,thanks!

flippityflip Mon 02-Feb-15 12:59:05

Link to new thread www.mumsnet.com/Talk/pregnancy/2298193-nipping-tearing-feeling-somewhere-around-cervix-plus-uti-type-symptoms

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: