Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Re-using the Moses basket mattress...

(9 Posts)
Olivexo Fri 30-Jan-15 19:31:09

Hello, so I got a Moses basket on eBay it came with everything including the matress, it's a mothercare one with a cover over it.

I'm not going to re use the mattress, I can buy a new one for a tenner in mothercare. I was just wondering if it's safe to re use the cover? I've washed it on a 60c wash and it's come out beautiful.

Because the ones with a cover in mothercare are £25 and without is £10. So if I can just buy the £10 mattress and use the second hand cover that will be ok won't it?

Thank you.

fattymcfatfat Fri 30-Jan-15 19:36:44

I would. But then again im not one for following the guidelines etc....my babies my rules haha! They are ok....well they are alive and considering my track record with hamsters thats about as much as I can ask for! Lol

dementedpixie Fri 30-Jan-15 19:36:57

Yes if you have washed it then it should be fine to reuse

JennyBlueWren Fri 30-Jan-15 20:42:52

Fine to reuse sheets -although probably want more than one. www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00JUXG6A6/ref=gno_cart_title_0?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1GY57B2ZPM33C Amazon -£5 when you include the postage -am going to look in Tesco tomorrow and see if they have them cheaper.

Olivexo Fri 30-Jan-15 21:05:57

It's not really a sheet though, I do have a few of them ready though. It's more like a mattress protector that zips and covers the whole mattress.

SoonToBeSix Fri 30-Jan-15 21:09:59

Mattress protector I wouldn't reuse.It's probably fine but little babies can sick up a lot so even washed at I assume 40 I wouldn't feel comfortable.

WhyOWhyWouldYou Fri 30-Jan-15 21:10:52

Mattress I wouldn't but a protector, as long as well washed, I would.

dementedpixie Fri 30-Jan-15 21:45:54

she washed it at 60 degrees though. It will be fine to use

SoonToBeSix Fri 30-Jan-15 23:58:17

Oh yes missed the 60 degree wash , logically it will be fine then I just stress over things like that. ( I lost my sister to cot death).

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: