Advanced search

What are the best products for you and your baby? From travel systems to sterilisers, you can find out all you need to know from our Mumsnet Best reviews

Find out more

Just Fell Over!

(12 Posts)
LinzAJ Fri 30-Jan-15 11:54:47

I was talking to an electrician about external lights round the back of the house as the patio has missing slabs and I am worried about falling over in the dark. Turns out I can fall over in the day light too!

I fell forward and face planted a bush, I landed pretty much on my knees and hands. Apart from being mortified I fell over in front of a complete stranger I'm now worried if I have done something to baby. I am 40 + 5, bump has gone a bit hard but was hard earlier this morning anyway and I have back ache - would you go to the hospital for peace of mind?

fattymcfatfat Fri 30-Jan-15 11:56:51

Did you hit your bump? Are you getting any pain in your stomach? If not then its probably fine but phone your mw for peace of mind and a better idea of what to do!

LinzAJ Fri 30-Jan-15 12:07:41

I don't think I hit bump as landed on hands and knees. I feel like I might have pulled my back which is not beyond reason when falling over.

I'm going to sit still for a bit and see how I feel.

Thanks for the advice.

fattymcfatfat Fri 30-Jan-15 12:10:10

Np. You never know this could well trigger labour for you wink

TenMinutesEarly Fri 30-Jan-15 12:11:59

My best friend was born a few hours after her mum slipped on ice, it started labour but there was no other damage. I would call your midwife for advice.

TeaandHobnobs Fri 30-Jan-15 12:15:35

I'd call the labour ward / triage - they may ask you to come in for some monitoring.

Swanny84 Fri 30-Jan-15 12:41:09

Get yourself checked over to be sure. X

juneavrile Fri 30-Jan-15 13:15:15

I fell on my bottom at about 32 weeks and rang the hospital who wanted me to go in for a check. All was fine, and I'm sure you are too if you don't think you hit it, but worth ringing and asking their opinion.

Permanentlyexhausted Fri 30-Jan-15 13:18:01

Call your midwife for advice, especially if you are Rhesus negative.

laughingmyarseoff Fri 30-Jan-15 19:56:55

Call for advice, given your due now anyway you may well have nudged the baby into action!

LinzAJ Fri 30-Jan-15 20:33:28

Thanks everyone, I called the midwife who asked me to go to triage. I spent an hour on the CTG bubba was busy flipping all over the place so they were happy with us both.

I do now have sharp pains quite low down so I think I might have shaken baby into action!!

fattymcfatfat Fri 30-Jan-15 20:42:13

Well get some sleep while you can...if you have kicked it off then you will need the energy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now