Advanced search

What are the best products for you and your baby? From travel systems to sterilisers, you can find out all you need to know from our Mumsnet Best reviews

Find out more

Help!! Strange episode!!!

(17 Posts)
kwebbi14 Fri 30-Jan-15 08:59:52

I'm 38 weeks pregnant..

So yesterday I had a few times where shooting pains were radiating throughout my groin as well as tightenings, I'm putting them down to braxton hicks and pelvic pain... Though at about 8pm I had this horrific episode Haha! No but last night and my husband was worried as he said the colour drained from me and all I remember in those few minutes was pain, like intense pressure across my bump and back, like I was severely constipated and my bump was going to explode. I have never felt anything like it in my life and afterwards I burst out crying and started shivering, 5 minutes later I felt okay, though I've had an extremely aching stretched feeling bump since and she's dropped even more (which I thought impossible after how much she had dropped already!) and Braxtons like mad this morning..

Any similar experiences?

kwebbi14 Fri 30-Jan-15 09:10:27

I was admitted at 35 weeks due to contractions and doctors being concerned about preterm labour..I had a bit of spotting on Tuesday and lost a lot of my plug on Wednesday too!

blackwidow74 Fri 30-Jan-15 09:14:22

Sounds like your little one has assumed the position in preparation smile

Jodie1982 Fri 30-Jan-15 09:14:47

I think it's best you call Maternity Triage or your MW for professional advice. Good luck smile

PTAblues Fri 30-Jan-15 09:19:13

The baby couldn't have turned round could it? There's a lot of baby in there at 38 weeks. Can you feel if she is in the same position?
Or she could have been facing the wrong way (ie back to back) and just turned the right way ready to exit and because she is low in your pelvis it was very painful.
I would phone the midwife as well if you're worried. Good luck.

kwebbi14 Fri 30-Jan-15 09:26:19

Thank you ladies. When in triage on Tuesdaythe midwife mentioned she was slightly back to back, so that could be it if she's turned as the shape of my bump has changed too!

PTAblues Fri 30-Jan-15 10:31:30

Ooh exciting. It must all be about to happen. Keep us updated.

happygojo Fri 30-Jan-15 15:30:25

My friend had this when she was like maybe 33 weeks preg, (her husband was away so she called me panicking) and it turns out it was her bump 'dropping'. Her bump looked different afterwards and it was just her baby getting into position. She also found that she could eat a full meal again and had less heartburn. If you have that too maybe it is just your chance to 'carb load' before the main event. My friend was induced at 38 weeks I think because of blood pressure but now she has a bouncing 8 month old

Izzy24 Fri 30-Jan-15 15:33:03

Please call your maternity unit and just chat it through with them so they can ask all relevant questions and put your mind at rest.

kwebbi14 Sat 31-Jan-15 21:25:00

Well after a day of irregular contractions they sped up a lot this evening and are about 5 minutes apart. Went to triage, I'm in early labour and a little over 1cm dialated. So things are progressing! Thanks for your words of advice ladies smile

Jodie1982 Sat 31-Jan-15 21:36:09

Oh wow how exciting. Good luck Kwebbi. Wishing you an easy, happy birth experience!
I'm rather jealous lol!

fattymcfatfat Sat 31-Jan-15 21:48:22

Good luck Op!

kwebbi14 Fri 06-Feb-15 11:15:42

Amelia came on 4th February at 17.19 weighing 7,10lbs after a 5day slow labour at home followed by 14 hours of hospital labour. She's amazing and healthy. Scarey delivery at points but a distant memory now!

I'm utterly in love.

Thank you for your messages.

fattymcfatfat Fri 06-Feb-15 11:23:54

aww congrats! grin

blackwidow74 Fri 06-Feb-15 15:35:21

Awwww congratulations and welcome to the world little one x

PTAblues Fri 06-Feb-15 17:51:29

Yay! Great news.

EmmaJacksonHarley Fri 06-Feb-15 18:18:29

aww I have an Amelia! Congrats!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now