Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

EDD changing at 20wk scan

(8 Posts)
sianilovesbeingamummy Thu 29-Jan-15 23:04:51

Has anyone had their EDD brought forward or put back after their 20wk scan? Just wondering how common it is

FoxHugs Fri 30-Jan-15 01:57:46

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

WhyOWhyWouldYou Fri 30-Jan-15 08:04:01

I thought it only got changed at 20weeks if there had been no 12week scan or the 12week scan had been too late for accurate dating (they say theres a small few week window where dating is accurate, any other time baby can be small/large for dates).

anothernumberone Fri 30-Jan-15 08:06:43

The earlier the scan the more accurate the date. I would questiin a change of my EDD in the 20 week scan personally.

Littleturkish Fri 30-Jan-15 08:07:56

I've had my date changed from MY EDD est by LMP at my 6 week (three days forward) and then 12 week scan(eight days forward), but not the 20 week.

I have heard of someone else having their date changed at 20 week scan.

I wish they'd change mine back- they're now saying the baby is small, and I think their EDD is wrong. If you move it back to where I think it should be, I measure perfectly on the 50th percentile, just as I did for my first daughter.

LIG1979 Fri 30-Jan-15 11:30:10

I cannot imagine that is a sensible thing for them to do. I think after 12 weeks the length of the baby started to vary according to how big/small they will be once they are born. This time I had a dating scan at 14 weeks and instead they measured the head circumference to do the dating. (This matched with my lmp and early scan due date predictions.)

However, by 20 weeks both of them have had bigger than average heads with everything else very average and my dd (now 2.5) does have a large head like I do. (Ds not born yet so cannot say yet.) So not sure what they would measure that would not just show how big they were going to be when born rather than a due date.....maybe someone else knows more about this though (as I am not an expert).

knittingirl Fri 30-Jan-15 11:57:15

With ds, mine got changed at the 12 week scan, and they told me then that they wouldn't be changing it again as measuring size becomes less accurate for dating after that.

SoonToBeSix Fri 30-Jan-15 12:02:15

No it's never changed at twenty weeks unless it's your first scan.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: