Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Deep Heat when pregnant?

(9 Posts)
passthenutella Thu 29-Jan-15 17:52:46

Does anyone know if deep heat is safe to use in pregnancy? im 36 +2 and while i used it last night, but now im wondering if its okay. Its my shoulder thats sore so not near bump and i thought it might be better than taking paracetemol?

londonlivvy Thu 29-Jan-15 18:43:22

doc said it was fine for me to use with my back pain. Paracetamol is fine too, so long as you don't overdose. You don't have to suffer unnecessarily.

PrincessOfChina Thu 29-Jan-15 18:45:09

Interesting, the Dr told me to definitely not use it. They did say Tiger Balm was ok but it didn't do much.

My neck went into spasm at 25 weeks and they gave me some great painkillers. They can't be used in 3rd trimester though.

Currentlyclueless Thu 29-Jan-15 18:55:32

NHS says it's safe but only infrequent uses

passthenutella Thu 29-Jan-15 21:47:03

Ahh okay thanks for the help everyonesmile

WeAreAllStarDust Thu 29-Jan-15 21:51:24

Is your shoulder better OP?

passthenutella Thu 29-Jan-15 22:20:58

It's not too bad now weareallstardust bath kind of settled it. I don't know what's caused it took a fit of nesting the other day so think might have just hurt it then. That will teach me to clean lol

weeblueberry Thu 29-Jan-15 22:39:48

You can use the Deep Cold pad things that you hold to the area? I keep seeing their pregnancy targeted banner ads everywhere so assume its okay grin

passthenutella Thu 29-Jan-15 22:44:27

Ah must get some tomorrow when shopping. Never thought of those thanks smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: