Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Help please - constant nausea and starving. What can I eat...?

(8 Posts)
Cornberry Wed 28-Jan-15 15:17:35

I am suffering from crippling MS and it's so difficult to manage. I find it very difficult to find things I can stomach and then I go off them or can't eat them anymore. It feels like a form of torture. Ten hungrier I am the less I can stomach. I'm surviving on cereal and potatoes and some fish fingers and eggs. Can also eat some fruit and yoghury but there's no telling what will make me vomit. Sometimes I eat something I think is fine and it comes back up. I would be very grateful for ideas of what to eat. I'm going crazy trying to find food to force down my throat and the less I eat the sicker I feel. For some reason the dry food like crackers people seem to find helpful I just can't swallow. Any ideas? Please?!

ClariceBeanthatsme Wed 28-Jan-15 15:28:21

I'm just coming out of the other end of the hellish morning sickness, just passed 12 weeks and actually feeling human again.
I found buttered toast, jacket potatoes, rice, noodles, beans on toast. Basically all quite plain foods with alot of fruit and veg to snack on.
Really anything I did didn't mind seeing again half an hour later sad
It seemed to change daily but try to keep hydrated.
Oh just remembered fruity sweets like jelly tots, tutti fruities and fruit pastilles.
Hope it passes soon for you flowers

BossWitch Wed 28-Jan-15 15:33:04

I was a fan of dry stuff so don't know if this will help but I found I could eat a lot of those kind-of crisps, the air popped ones?

If you are really struggling to keep anything down it's a good idea to see your doctor about anti sickness drugs.

Marshpillow Wed 28-Jan-15 16:02:43

I lived off plain baked potatoes and ready salted crisps when I had MS. Eat whatever and whenever you feel like, you can worry about healthy eating if/when you get over the sickness.

penguinpear Wed 28-Jan-15 17:53:15

Fruit juice ice lollies, soya yoghurt and toast saved me.plus peanut butter...

Cornberry Wed 28-Jan-15 17:56:08

Thanks. Will try some of these. clarice it's reassuring to hear that it's passing by 12 weeks. I'm 9 weeks and counting the days for this to be over sad

onthematleavecountdown Wed 28-Jan-15 18:08:44

I had HG so full sympathies. I lived on carbs. Nothing with too much flavour. Try crackers, cornflakes, crisps, popcorn, toast, cereal bar etc. All these carbs contain sugars so will keep your blood glucose levels good too.

hestialou Wed 28-Jan-15 21:48:53

Know how you are feeling I am just eating whatever I fancy atm. But I do feel better if I eat, so toast every morning, pref with peanut butter. Feel better if rested so very much looking forward to a restful weekend.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: