Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

11 weeks and nothing to wear

(19 Posts)
whittlefish Wed 28-Jan-15 13:26:01

I'm 11 weeks pregnant and have nothing to wear. My normal clothes are too tight and don't seem to be big enough for maternity stuff yet. Does anyone have any recommendations or suggestions for this awkward in inbewteen stage? Or recommend any mat stuff that might work?

AnythingNotEverything Wed 28-Jan-15 13:30:33

Have you tried looping a hair bobbled through your button and buttonhole? Should give you an extra inch.

A bump band can help cover any gap/skin showing.

Skeppers Wed 28-Jan-15 13:35:11

The hair bobble tip has saved my LIFE. Although I'm not sure how much of my 12 week spread is baby, and how much is cake/poo.

homeaway Wed 28-Jan-15 13:39:20

You could buy some non maternity loose tops and wear them over trouser with the hair bobble trick. Long camisoles and cardigans work well, or loose dresses.

chocolatereindeer Wed 28-Jan-15 13:39:24

Yeah that loop in the button hole is a great tip. Also rolled down leggings so that your belly isn't squished.

Long loose tops are good. I'd suggest some cheap plain ones made from stretchy material. I got some from peacocks for about £8 the other day. Then you can wear your nicer tops over them and it doesn't matter if they come up a bit short 'cause your belly will be covered by the underneath top IYSWIM.

... ps you wait till you're 40 weeks and baby's still not here and all you've got to wear is DP's football top with a weird stain down the front grin

Augustwedding Wed 28-Jan-15 13:47:11

I got some under the bump mat trousers

BentleyBelly Wed 28-Jan-15 13:51:04

I went out and got a couple of pairs of over the bump maternity jeans and long vest tops (H&M brilliant for both and saw me through till about 32 weeks). I then wore baggy normal tops over those. Maternity jeans are so comfy and as someone who permanently suffers from builders bum in normal jeans I thought I would never go back!

Madamecastafiore Wed 28-Jan-15 13:53:34

Hush Hareem pants were my saviour. I wore them all through my pregnancy, they were fab and soft on c section wound afterwards and I am still wearing them now 18 months later.

Superlovely Wed 28-Jan-15 14:10:13

I bought a pair of jeans in a larger size, which were useful after my Dd was born for a couple of months too. Then I boil washed and tumble dried them when I had lost the baby weight, they are a bit shorter but are slim so I wear them inside boots.

whittlefish Wed 28-Jan-15 14:41:16

Wow thanks ladies someone else had mentioned the hair band trick to so might give that a go. It's very strange just feel fat at the moment will be good when it actually looks more bump like smile

weelamb123 Wed 28-Jan-15 16:16:15

I'm 15 weeks and living in jeggings! They are so comfy. Don't have visible bump do can still wear normal tops. Xx

Zahrah5 Wed 28-Jan-15 20:08:43

Just buy maternity jeans. You will need them, its unavoidable.
They are much more confy than the hairtie trick.
You can fold the over the bump piece of fabric for now.

For tops I would get tops cut under the bust, empire waist. They still serve me goid in third trimester.

The earlier you start building up the wardrobe the wear you will get out of clothes and will feel more comfy.

Stinkylinky Wed 28-Jan-15 21:09:29

I lived in leggings or jeans using the bobble trick with oversized jumpers for the first few months before I could get in my maternity stuff. I got fed up with wearing the same stuff so tried to mix things up a bit with jewellery, head accessories, scarfs etc

whittlefish Fri 30-Jan-15 08:44:45

Think I might investigate maternity jeans just to see how big they are so uncomfortable in my normal ones and leggings are not quite warm enough in this weather

RavioliOnToast Fri 30-Jan-15 20:33:05

I've lived in leggings (maternity ones from.around 14 weeks) and bodycon casual dresses. H&m do a load of different ones for about £7/8 with little ankle boots and cardigans smile

catellington Fri 30-Jan-15 20:36:09

I moved into maternity clothes at 11 weeks. Second baby. At 31 weeks I rarely make it into anything other than maternity leggings. I got multi packs leggings and tops from h&m. Got lots of under bump jeans but don't find them comfy and they fall down when I am on the floor playing with toddler.

I also recently gave up on bras and my heartburn magically disappeared

JennyBlueWren Fri 30-Jan-15 20:40:17

Buy next size up/loose tops from charity shops. You don't have to spend much money and can get some good bits and bobs to last you.

When you're ready for maternity wear you can keep wearing those tops over leggings if you like. My maternity jeans do dig in a bit (37 weeks) so rarely wear them.

whittlefish Mon 02-Feb-15 08:57:36

So I caved at the weekend and brought two pairs of casual maternity trousers and they are so comfy. Also were massive reduced so only £15 each which I thought wasn't bad. Least I have something to wear now. Did resort to the hair bobble trick with my existing jeans and actually worked quite well so thanks for the suggestion ladies smile

wawabear Mon 02-Feb-15 09:39:41

Swing dresses are my best friend! Primark have some really decent ones so you don't have to spend a lot of money and they will tide you over until you're in maternity wear!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: