Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Does anyone else feel utterly awful?

(14 Posts)
PiercedMrsL Wed 28-Jan-15 07:28:48

I'm 13 weeks pregnant with my first baby and so far I feel absolutely awful.

The sickness has pretty much passed now (that was bad enough) to be replaced with constant exhaustion. No matter how much sleep I get, I'm worn out. Add that to the wonderful headaches and piles, and I feel a wreck. I work full time and with my commute to work it makes for a 13 hour day. It's getting to the stage where I don't feel like I can cope with work sad

All I am hearing from people is "it'll get better soon" and it makes me want to scream! Is anyone else feeling like this?

sleepybee Wed 28-Jan-15 07:32:37

Yep I'm a first timer was so ill for first 20 weeks it then got better but I'm back being sick at 27 weeks. I don't know how other ladies do this multiple times confused

butterflycats Wed 28-Jan-15 08:02:06

Same here, only 8 weeks and really struggling sad

fattymcfatfat Wed 28-Jan-15 08:12:35

Im 15 weeks and feel terrible. ...possibly because I have 2 other kids running round like looneys! Sleepy. .we do it more than once because we get the baby and just seem to shove the bad stuff to the back of our minds! We just think about cute little babies, not sickness and tiredness, sore boobs, in my case spd, oh and the constant toilet trips when baby is sitting on your bladder which is super uncomfortable!

Number3cometome Wed 28-Jan-15 09:15:08

Snap!
Ended up on anti-sickness meds at 8 weeks, couldn't even keep water down.
Haven't been sick for a week and felt better at the weekend,but yesterday and today I have extreme tiredness, headache and nausea again!!

15+3

weelamb123 Wed 28-Jan-15 09:18:41

Yes me too. I'm 15 weeks and feeling worse than ever! Good on U mummys who are still managing to work. Ive been signed off for around 9 weeks now and I don't see me going back anytime soon. Xx

Number3cometome Wed 28-Jan-15 09:25:18

I get paid 6 weeks full pay for sickness over a rolling year.
I've had two days off from the severe sickness, but am scared to have any more time off incase my BP goes mental near the end and I need to rest.

My bed seems like such a distant far away dream right now sad

Currentlyclueless Wed 28-Jan-15 09:32:55

I'm 9 weeks and had no nausea but I physically cannot leave my bed because I have no energy at all. Mine might be due to low bp but exhaustion is so annoying

deborahc123 Wed 28-Jan-15 11:39:59

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

mrsnoon Wed 28-Jan-15 11:51:57

If I had felt this bad consistently with my first I would have seriously considered whether I wanted any more! The nausea started about 9 weeks and lasted til about 18 weeks, I lost 2.5kg as I literally couldn't face eating. I've had SPD, terrible indigestion, rib pain, restless legs and a 3 year old to deal with as well as working full time on my feet all day. I felt a bit better in myself for a few weeks once the nausea passed but then you get to the waddle-y stage and start feeling crap again. I'm exhausted all the time, I have piles, my boobs are constantly leaking and I'm grumpy as hell.
12 days to go......

PiercedMrsL Thu 29-Jan-15 06:53:21

I hope that you all start to feel a bit better soon, I'm sure that women who say pregnancy is wonderful are lying!
Comforting to know I'm not alone though smile

dancinglorna1984 Thu 29-Jan-15 18:25:55

I too feel awful, I am 14 weeks today and feel sick pretty much all day every day, have been sick a few times and just feel genuinely exhausted. I work full time too and it is a daily struggle. I do not understand either how people say pregnancy is lovely hmm

hopefull2424 Thu 29-Jan-15 19:31:43

I'm 15 weeks with dc 3. Ive been so ill this time. Ended up on hospital on a drip yesterday for dehydration. I'm keeping everything crossed it passes soon

twomoreminutes Thu 29-Jan-15 20:05:08

Were your antenatal blood tests normal? Would it be worth asking GP to retest your iron levels etc now? I am pregnant with DC3 and thought my exhaustion was just a consequence of daily life when pregnant with a 3 year old and toddler to entertain all day, but turns out I'm anaemic. After a few weeks of iron and folate tablets I feel better than I have for about 18 months! Or might be worth trying a natural supplement like Spatone or Floradix just to give you a boost.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: