Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

15 weeks and bought a pram.....

(20 Posts)
weelamb123 Tue 27-Jan-15 15:56:41

Yes, so just bot a pram at the weekend and I'm just 15 weeks. It was half price in mother care and felt we couldn't miss the offer. It was meant to be held by the store until June but its getting delivered to our home. I don't want it I the house, I'm so superstitious. Did we do the right thing? Xx

Number3cometome Tue 27-Jan-15 15:59:27

Yes if you got a bargain!

weelamb123 Tue 27-Jan-15 16:00:36

Thanks, so so worried we might have jinxed pregnancy xx

Hobby2014 Tue 27-Jan-15 16:01:27

We bought everything early.
If something's going to go wrong, it's not because of what you have or haven't bought or because of where it is.
Don't worry! You've grabbed yourself a bargain so can buy more baby stuff without feeling guilty smile

ThinkIveBeenHacked Tue 27-Jan-15 16:01:33

The pram being in your house will not cause the pregnancy to fail, OP.

GotToBeInItToWinIt Tue 27-Jan-15 16:01:47

Yes of course if it was cheap! Having it in the house won't make anything bad happen. We bought ours at around 20 weeks with my first pregnancy as we got a good deal on it. I even built it to stare at it admiringly smile.

Number3cometome Tue 27-Jan-15 16:02:00

No such thing, if it's meant to be it's meant to be a pram won't change that.

I haven't bought anything yet, but only because I am still recovering from spending so much at Christmas!

15+2

Are you on our thread in Antenatal?

misseskimo Tue 27-Jan-15 16:12:06

OP I'm 17+1 today and bought my pram/car seat etc. at the weekend as also got a good deal. In fact I've bought nearly everything for nursery this month making the most of the Jan sales... If it's on offer and a bargain, then I say go for it! X

fattymcfatfat Tue 27-Jan-15 16:15:35

Im 14 + 6 and my mum bought my pram for me! I needed a tandem as I have a 1yo dd so thats set up at my mums until I can get it down to mine. I would have brought it back with me but I already had dd in her pram.

Theveryhungrycaterpillar123 Tue 27-Jan-15 16:22:31

Superstitions are just silly. We only bought our pram after our 20 week scan incase anything was wrong.

To be honest I know a few people who have sadly had losses who find the superstition thing quite offensive.

onthematleavecountdown Tue 27-Jan-15 16:28:46

No such thing as jinxing. If something is hoping yo happen it will happen. Of your own sanity as you still have a looooong tine to go and haven't had your 20wk scan yet I would keep it in a cupboard or garage.

OhTheDrama Tue 27-Jan-15 16:47:02

I bought my pram around 20 weeks as it was too good an offer to miss. Have stored it at my PIL's though. Will be bringing it home next weekend.

pinkie1982 Wed 28-Jan-15 14:05:19

We got our travel system and cot at 12 weeks in the sale.
Not superstitous in our house x

BiscuitsofYum Wed 28-Jan-15 14:08:09

I got my pushchair at 12 weeks I had an amazing deal with all the bits for it I could need/want! We couldn't afford to not go for it. Sometimes the deals are too good to miss!

weelamb123 Wed 28-Jan-15 20:34:08

Thank u all. Pram I now safely being stored at my brothers house. Xx

Stinkylinky Wed 28-Jan-15 21:02:22

I got our pram at the weekend because we got a good deal, I'm 17+2. My mum is superstitious so is making me keep it at hers

Alb1 Wed 28-Jan-15 21:08:59

I bought mine at 15 weeks, stored it in the spare room/nursery, DS is now almost 5 months old and perfect so didn't do us any harm smile

MuddyWellyNelly Wed 28-Jan-15 21:39:12

I won't be buying anything until a lot later in pregnancy (currently 14+1). By which I mean, beyond 30 weeks. It's not that I think it will cause the pregnancy to fail, I know that would be illogical. But I've suffered through 4 years of infertility and it has been heartbreaking, relentless, month after month of bad news. If something happens to this baby now, I do not want unused baby items in my house.

That's not superstition, it's self protection. I don't think it's silly at all.

slippermaiden Wed 28-Jan-15 21:43:05

I didn't buy a thermometer until I was 15weeks but everyone is different. ��

Tranquilitybaby Wed 28-Jan-15 22:23:32

Snap, but we took it straight round to my mum and dads. Ive bought so much already because of the January sales.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: