Advanced search

Pre-eclampsia questionnaire

(8 Posts)
Lizmond7 Mon 26-Jan-15 16:29:34

Hello everyone! I am a college student doing an Access to Health Professions course and for my research project I'm doing a study on how maternal age affects the risk of developing pre-eclampsia. If any women who have had pre-eclampsia before would like to fill out this questionnaire I would really appreciate it. It is completely anonymous. However, this is a PILOT study, so if anyone has any feedback for me that would be great, such as, were the questions easy to answer? Did you feel that you understood the meaning of the questions? I will be collecting results of the questionnaire until 2nd February. Thank you all very much smile

Number3cometome Mon 26-Jan-15 16:36:03

I've completed it twice, one for each pregnancy

KissMyFatArse Mon 26-Jan-15 16:49:41

Syd35 Mon 26-Jan-15 17:42:17

Done. Would be good to see the results if you are able to share them afterwards?

Guyropes Mon 26-Jan-15 18:45:53

I think, strictly speaking you are supposed to ask mumsnet permission to request participants for surveys... You could check with them by reporting your own post?

Guyropes Mon 26-Jan-15 19:27:52

4. Was/is this your first pregnancy?
Was/is this your first pregnancy? Yes
If no, how many years ago was your last pregnancy?

Confusing wording... My p.e pregnancy was 10 years ago. My last pregnancy was 8 years ago. Does this question want to know about a previous pregnancy to my p.e. pregnancy or actually my last pregnancy?

8. Have you had pre-eclampsia before your most recent experience?
Have you had pre-eclampsia before your most recent experience? Yes
If yes, how many times?

Would it not be less confusing to ask people how many pregnancies they had, and identify which ones had p.e? My most recent experience of pregnancy did not involve p.e., but your phrase 'recent experience' is not explicit... It could mean recent experience of pregnancy, or recent experience of p.e.

Also your last question is confusing. I had none of these factors when I had pre eclampsia, but I do have one now. The question asks do you have ... Ie: present tense. Which may not be relevant to the case in question. Which was 10 years ago.

In general I think you need to revise your questions because there are too many ambiguities about when things happened.

Guyropes Mon 26-Jan-15 19:29:47

But best of luck with your studies!

ByeByeButterfly Mon 26-Jan-15 19:49:18

Bookmarking to do when at pc smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now