Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Going to Egypt I will be 7 weeks when I go are waterslids safe

(9 Posts)
Tia2005 Mon 26-Jan-15 09:10:16

Going with my 9 year old for a week to Egypt its a Aqua park hotel is it safe to go on water slids I will be 7 weeks the day we travel

hazel88 Mon 26-Jan-15 09:14:06

I read that it wasn't a good idea for women to go on water slides when pregnant. I had to give them a miss when I went on holiday and was absolutely gutted, but better to be safe than sorry smile

Sophieelmer Mon 26-Jan-15 09:17:32

I can't see how it's be a problem? I went sledging at about the same stage. Have fun

Christelle2207 Mon 26-Jan-15 09:17:58

Avoid the steeper slides if you can, and watch what you eat, it's quite common to have a dodgy tummy in Egypt. Have a good time!

RiverRocks Mon 26-Jan-15 10:01:15

I'd ask the midwife if I were you.

I read somewhere that it's not recommended because if you get a rush of water up your nether regions, it can be dangerous. I went away at 10 weeks and avoided them completely (but didn't have a 9 year old to disappoint).

I think you'd be okay on the lazy river though smile

Zahrah5 Mon 26-Jan-15 10:41:27

I went to water park at 16w and totally avoided all slides and all pool over 32 degrees temperature.

Also you need to be aware that anytime you go into some pool water you are risking infection. It is possible to miscarry because of the infection.

I would not go into crowded pool or pools with kids in diapers, or kids pools in general.

As I said I went to water park but I was very carefully considering pros and cons and before I went I decided not to go into any pool, just to hang around. We picked to go in totally off peak time, there was no one else in the pool except me and my family, so I went it and had lots of fun. The place got crowded towards the afternoon and then I just kept myself out doing other activities. Wanted a massage but they didnt have preganancy massage so got a facial. :-)

Zahrah5 Mon 26-Jan-15 10:45:27

forgot to add

I have asked a midwife before I went- she told me it was totally fine except to avoid slides or someone kicking me in the belly.

She did not mention to be wary or water temperature or infections.

I went to another forum to ask about water park visits and was strongly advised not to due to many cases of infections, some ending in miscarriage for some posters. It scared me and I said it is not worthy, especially since in the place I was planning to go there are other things to do.

feesh Mon 26-Jan-15 10:48:21

Just to warn you, I live in the Middle East and they are NOT big on swim nappies here. I'm not sure what it's like in Egypt but I'd be wary. Also the water up your nether regions mentioned above is potentially an issue. I think you'd be risking infection so I wouldn't do it.

Zahrah5 Mon 26-Jan-15 11:07:33

Even if they wear swim diaper it doesnt really mean anything, all what the diaper does is it contains poo so it doesnt float freely in the pool. But as to my knowldege there is no any barrier to prevent it from contact with pool water.
Someone can correct me if this is wrong, I dont have personal experience.

I have seem in US most of the pools would be prohibited to not potty trained kids= whether in swim diaper or not
Kids in swim diapers only allowed to go into kiddie pools where the hygiene of the water was much frequent.

In this water park I went I have seen kids in diapers in regular adult pools, I did not see any signs or regulations prohibiting to do so.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: