Advanced search

Baby's abdomen in 5th percentile...anyone had this?

(7 Posts)
Alby16 Sun 25-Jan-15 22:33:27

Went for a 4d scan today, 27+3 weeks pregnant. Baby measuring on average apart from stomach which was measuring smaller - in the 5th percentile. Sonographer didn't seem worried but I can't help but feel worried...anyone had this before??

blackwidow74 Sun 25-Jan-15 22:48:23

So long as it's within the graph of average then it's okay smile my little one was on the 5th for a few things at 20 weeks ... 4 weeks later she was right in the middle for everything so your lo is probably due a growth spurt and it will catch up with everything else smile

Alby16 Mon 26-Jan-15 09:07:53

I think I panic too much... I have another scan at 32 weeks so will see what is said there!! Thanks for responding x

hazel88 Mon 26-Jan-15 09:19:00

Along the way, different parts of my DD have measured a bit bigger/smaller but then by the next scan have changed. I think different bits tend to grow at different rates, and it takes a while for everything to be in proportion! Try not to worry, baby still has lots more growing time yet smile

m33r Mon 26-Jan-15 09:30:07

I jad this. When I go for m&s scans they just tell me stomach circumference and give me the measurement but when I went for a private 4d scan, they gave me all my measurements and some were bottom percentile and others were above average... I just figured that if there was anything to worry about I'd be told.

No real reassurance to offer except that this happened to me too!

m33r Mon 26-Jan-15 09:30:55

*m&s?!!?? NHS! smile

Alby16 Mon 26-Jan-15 20:30:45

Thanks ladies. And U r right baby still has plenty growing to do smile will not panic at all smile xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now