Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Bleeding...but no cramps

(8 Posts)
FlyingSpud Sun 25-Jan-15 18:37:48

TMI warning, but being on the pregnancy board you're probably used to that wink

I'm 8 weeks. Been bleeding since Friday evening. Started off brown and has turned dark red and sort of gloopy <ewwww> this afternoon / evening. Not heavy flow at all, but very definitely blood there when I wipe.

I have no cramps which I'm taking as a good sign. I have a midwife appointment tomorrow anyway (nice timing) and I'm going to get myself to the EPU come hell or high water.

I know there's nothing I can do and no one on here can give me any answers, but if anyone has had any similar experiences please do share.

I'm an emotional wreck (also a good sign...?) and just had a cry on DH. My mum died years ago so currently annoyed and pissed off that I don't really have anyone to talk to. <self pity over>

butterflycats Sun 25-Jan-15 18:50:28

Big hugs spud
Be reassured your scan earlier was fine. Some women have spotting/bleeding throughout pregnancy and everything goes fine. You can sometimes have a little haematoma/blood clot that causes bleeding, but be reassured you've got no pain. Nobody can tell you what's going on without a scan, hope they get you one ASAP. Big hugs though xxxxx

FlyingSpud Sun 25-Jan-15 18:52:06

Thank you butterfly thanksthanks

FlyingSpud Sun 25-Jan-15 18:52:35

I keep trying to tell myself it's very common in early pregnancy. But as you say, only the scan will tell.

Currentlyclueless Sun 25-Jan-15 18:54:31

I know a few people who have bled during the first trimester to go on to have a very healthy pregnancy.

Good luck flowers

Cinnamon84 Sun 25-Jan-15 19:43:50

Hi spud,

I am going through the same thing and like you am going to the epu tomorrow for a scan, which couldn't have come at a better time. I'm about 7 weeks and have had brown blood since Friday, it's very light though and hasn't increased.
Just wanted to say best of luck for tomorrow xx

leanne963 Sun 25-Jan-15 20:41:12

Bless you spud I have bled and had cramps throughout my pregnancy (I even had pinky discharge today) and i am 23 weeks pregnant and everything is fine. Bleeding in early pregnancy is very common and unfortunately sometimes it is bad (I have experienced the worst case scenario) but sometimes it can be explained. My SIL has a clot in the womb and had terrible terrible bleeding for 3 weeks, but now she is 27 weeks pregnant!
I really hope everything goes well tomorrow!! smile

Cinnamon84 Mon 26-Jan-15 15:54:36

Hi spud not sure if you'll see this but I saw your update on another board... Same outcome for me too. Much love x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: