Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Late booking with midwife

(6 Posts)
DontBeBlueBeARainbow Sun 25-Jan-15 10:39:07

I'm currently 32 weeks pregnant but have been abroad studying for the duration of my pregnancy and am coming home in a couple of weeks.

I'll go to my GP ASAP to get booked in, but I was wondering if anyone had any experience of booking in so late, whether there were any major hiccups or whether it was pretty smooth? If you were also abroad, did they accept your antenatal notes, or want to do a scan for themselves?

VivaLeBeaver Sun 25-Jan-15 10:41:47

Most hospitals will want to repeat scan and also blood tests. They won't trust another hospital even another UK one. You'll get new notes but be expected to carry your old ones as well.

jmojo Sun 25-Jan-15 15:28:11

I used to book late women frequently (used to be a mw in London). We just repeated bloods from booking but if you have your original results from abroad then we just did any you didn't have that we needed and your blood group.
Try and get copies of everything from your doctor abroad blood results/antenatal check notes/scans (even if in another language) just so they can see you had regular care, and also they may not need to repeat as much.
I am in the same situation, I will be going back to the UK at 35 wks and I am keeping a copy of everything.

DontBeBlueBeARainbow Mon 26-Jan-15 07:35:52

Thanks both, good to know. I've got all my results, so I'll take them all along.

jmojo come and join our 'Prexpats' antenatal club if you want!

jmojo Mon 26-Jan-15 14:02:41

Hi thanks for the invite I will check it out!!

GotToBeInItToWinIt Mon 26-Jan-15 14:09:35

I moved within the UK at 24 weeks and they didn't even really trust the results from the previous midwife smile. They repeated bloods etc but didn't repeat the scan luckily. I imagine as you're coming from abroad they probably will want to repeat the scan. Mine was a bit of an administrative nightmare to be honest but hopefully will all run more smoothly for you. Good luck!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: