Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

FFS only gone and fallen down stairs....

(11 Posts)
ISolemnlySwearImUptoNoGood Sun 25-Jan-15 08:06:12

I'm only 5 weeks pregnant. I know everything is probably going to be ok with the baby but bloody bloody bloody hell!! angry

I slipped and slid on my bum the whole way down. Arse is so sore from the carpet! Feeling a bit sorry for myself now.

Sympathy and reassurance much appreciated.

Marshpillow Sun 25-Jan-15 08:11:42

You'll be fine, baby is tiny and really well cushioned smile

ApocalypseThen Sun 25-Jan-15 08:14:46

Plus, if you fell on your arse, it'd be unlikely to affect the baby. Honestly, it happens to us all. I fell (tripped) at 16 weeks, landed heavily on my hands and knees. Baby is fine. It is what leads you to that special pregnant lady caution though!

BeverleyCrusher Sun 25-Jan-15 08:17:35

Baby will be fine, still tucked into pelvis and with lots of fluid.

It's you that might feel sore. Not sure when the relaxin hormone kicks in but that's the one that means your ligaments go softer and you're more likely to hurt yourself. And of course in your PG hormonal state you're maybe feeling more upset. Id have a warm shower and a sit down if I was you flowers

ISolemnlySwearImUptoNoGood Sun 25-Jan-15 08:53:38

Thank you everyone.

I know I'm being silly, fell off the bath at 8wks with DD1 but you know, it never fails to freak you out when something like this happens.

<sigh> Dented ego (and arse!) DH making tea and bacon as I type smile

JennyBlueWren Sun 25-Jan-15 10:05:48

So long as no one saw you you'll be fine! At your stage baby's nice and safely tucked away.
I've been skating the ice to work all week and so lucky not to have fallen with poor coordination and huge bump!

Glad DH is looking after you!

squizita Sun 25-Jan-15 10:10:21

The embryo is so small you'd have to be badly injured yourself before it was at risk. It's fine! smile

BiscuitsofYum Sun 25-Jan-15 10:15:29

I fell down the stairs at 9 weeks, fell on my knee and side and tumbled top to bottom. When I spoke to the midwife about it an hour later she told me that baby would be fine as he was in the pelvis!
I didn't have a good centre of gravity while pregnant and fell over throughout, but ds is perfect in every way!

weeblueberry Sun 25-Jan-15 10:16:54

The wee one will be fine. But are you okay? I hope you're not too bruised up. flowers and cake

ChablisLover Sun 25-Jan-15 10:30:20

You will fine

I fell in the bath at 30 weeks and my mum was so worried as dh was away that the next night she came over and say until I had a bath and was safely out.

That big bump is now watching storage hunters and building lego in front of me

Don't worry

geekymommy Mon 26-Jan-15 14:23:11

I did that earlier in my pregnancy. I'm now 14+4, and things look fine so far.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: