Advanced search

Fall on black ice at 19 weeks

(6 Posts)
nojaffacakes Sat 24-Jan-15 15:47:27

I'm 19 weeks, and this morning fell on black ice. I landed quite heavily directly on my bump. I was shocked and worried, so went to maternity assessment where the midwife found the baby's heartbeat with a doppler and was reassured that everything was ok. I haven't had any bleeding or cramps.
The thing is my bump feels quite sore still, particularly underneath the bump - is this normal, and how long can i expect to feel sore for?
Also, is it possible for things to appear ok immediately after the fall, but problems (e.g. bleeding) to occur after a day or two?

Are you Rh-neg?

nojaffacakes Sat 24-Jan-15 15:53:41

No - I'm B Positive

WhyOWhyWouldYou Sat 24-Jan-15 16:56:19

Just to reassure you a bit I fell hard onto my bump with DS at 40weeks. Bump was black and blue with bruising and really hurt, yet DS was absolutely fine. They are tough and well protected in there.

TheScenicRoute Sat 24-Jan-15 17:44:50

I'm sorry to hear that, if you'd landed on your hip you would expect that to be sore for a good while afterwards so judge it by that. I'm sorry, I don't know about later on, but the slightest worry and go back for more reassurance. X

nojaffacakes Sat 24-Jan-15 19:08:38

Thanks for your reassuring words.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now