Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

where has my morning sickness gone??!!

(17 Posts)
messyjessy7 Fri 23-Jan-15 18:59:04

So I'm almost 6 weeks pregnant. Last week I felt sick every morning without failure. But for the past 4-5 days it's completely stopped. I don't know whether to be pleased or worried. I'm still very tired and my boobs still hurt but I am a serial worrier.
Anyone else had a similar experience, or would like to put my mind at rest? Thanks

sleepybee Fri 23-Jan-15 19:15:54

It's the calm before the storm enjoy it! wink I had days weeks with no symptoms then would be horrendously sick & ill for a week then well again when I thought it was over baby would happily remind me & I'd be back super sick again confused

messyjessy7 Fri 23-Jan-15 19:40:02

Thanks. Never thought I'd want to feel sick but at least then I knew things must be going right inside!
Guess I should appreciate feeling ok for now. smile

Foggymist Fri 23-Jan-15 19:42:29

Enjoy it, stop wishing to feel sick, seriously.

rubyboo2 Fri 23-Jan-15 20:00:16

My morning sickness would come and go up to 18 weeks . Enjoy the break smile

hestialou Fri 23-Jan-15 21:08:09

Are you more rested, I am finding mine getting worse to end of week then ok when have a lie in

messyjessy7 Fri 23-Jan-15 21:15:20

Yes actually just had 3.5 days off work maybe that's it! smile

777emm Fri 23-Jan-15 21:49:05

i had morning sickness with my first now and again or jus with the smell of his dad ass.. but with my second for the first few months i couldnt keep anything down even water i was so lethargic i thought i was going to die id stand up and my body felt like i was going to fall back down. i even when to see my doctor he said im not dehydrate so didnt need to go to hospital and then after a few more weeks it just stopped one day i started eating and not vomiting it back up and that was the end of that...

Currentlyclueless Sat 24-Jan-15 04:55:29

Not everyone had symptoms and having symptoms/lack of symptoms don't suggest anythings going wrong it well with the pregnancy. Symptoms can fluctuate or completely vanish.

jaynebxl Sat 24-Jan-15 05:10:48

"i had morning sickness with my first now and again or jus with the smell of his dad ass"
777emm I'm assuming that's a typo but for the life of me I can't think what it was meant to be!
And I never had morning sickness at all. On one hand I was very glad but it did mean i stressed a lot about whether I was really still pregnant.

777emm Sat 24-Jan-15 09:26:23

jaynebxl. not every day i was sick but the smell of his dads pumps made me vomit literally, whenever i smelled his pumps...

jaynebxl Sat 24-Jan-15 11:04:40

Ahhh!

hippymama1 Sat 24-Jan-15 11:08:03

I felt exactly the same at around about the same time as you - I have been really anxious for most of my pregnancy so far but the first few weeks was definitely the worst, particularly when I had the nausea stopping at 6 weeks and I thought something had gone wrong. An 8 week private scan really helped me...

You can't really see anything at all, only a little blob with a heartbeat but it made me feel so much better. They are expensive though, it is really up to you whether you think it would be helpful.

If it helps, the nausea returned with a vengeance on the morning of the scan (typical!) and I was then nauseous all the time until 14 weeks. I worried when it stopped then too! I am now 17 + 1 and finally feeling a bit more relaxed and much less sick...

You may be one of those lucky ladies who doesn't feel or get sick really, or you may just be having a temporary sickness holiday... Either way, make the most of it!

Good luck with everything!

grin

Cliffdiver Sat 24-Jan-15 11:14:19

This happened with me when pregnant with DD2, I was terrified but everything was fine, and my morning sickness came back with a vengeance after a couple of days and didn't leave until month 5.

messyjessy7 Sat 24-Jan-15 18:10:57

Thank you everyone, this has been a great help. Have thought about a private scan but we are a bit strapped for cash at the mo, (trying to buy a house before the baby gets here) so am going to try and wait it out and stop worrying. How much do the private scans cost roughly?
Also woke up this morning feeling very rough so maybe I spoke to soon!
Thanks again! smile

toothachereturns Sun 25-Jan-15 09:56:29

Messy - my private early scan was £99. I was 8 + 3. Saw the wee kidney beans heartbeat and even saw it wriggling. I'm 10+1 now.

ConcreteElephant Sun 25-Jan-15 10:05:27

I don't think sickness or lack of bears any relation at all to the viability of a pregnancy so I wouldn't worry about the apparent lack of symptoms.

I'd enjoy the respite to be honest - as a PP said it could be the calm before the storm ;) or you could be a very lucky non-sicky/nauseous pregnant woman.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: