Advanced search

What are the best products for you and your baby? From travel systems to sterilisers, you can find out all you need to know from our Mumsnet Best reviews

Find out more

Due on AF and getting cramps but also a faint BFP?!

(25 Posts)
Mumtobe26 Fri 23-Jan-15 16:17:22

So I'm very confused! About a week ago i got a faint BFP followed by a few BFNs so i assumed it must have been wrong or i had a chemical pregnancy. I am due AF today and so far nothing. I have been getting mild cramps though which makes me think it's coming but then for some reason i took a test and again got a super faint/weird result so now i am confused... does anyone have any advice!! xxx

Theveryhungrycaterpillar123 Fri 23-Jan-15 16:22:40

Have you got a picture?

Mumtobe26 Fri 23-Jan-15 16:24:23

It's not very clear.... it looks darker in reality!! xx

ClariceBeanthatsme Fri 23-Jan-15 16:28:24

I can see the line smile
I have had mild cramps at about 4/5 pregnant also.
Test again in the morning should be darker. But I'd be very tempted to say congratulations!!

Mumtobe26 Fri 23-Jan-15 16:47:38

haha thanks!! I'm trying to not get my hopes up! I'll keep you updated! That makes me feel better about the cramps though i was worrying!! x

thesmallbear Fri 23-Jan-15 17:36:52

I'd go out and buy a First Response as those cheapies are a bit rubbish.

Emilyjane11 Fri 23-Jan-15 19:05:09

Cramps were my only symptom for first 7 weeks test again!! My first two tests were very faint

Mumtobe26 Sat 24-Jan-15 09:53:49

Thanks guys! I'm going to go get a first response today. I took another cheapie this morning and got a blurry faint second line so not sure what that means?

It's turned out to be such bad timing though, as this would be our 2nd child and we decided to start trying this month and then my husband lost his job yesterday... too much to deal with right now!! x

Backwoodsbarbie3372 Sat 24-Jan-15 18:21:00

Took two test yesterday both came up negative took one this morning I looked at it and threw it away 15 min dp looked at it and it showed a clear plus sign. So I took another one of another brand came out negative so I went back to the brand from this morning another positive I'm so confused.

plinkyplonks Sat 24-Jan-15 18:26:06

Personally I would leave it for a few days before testing again.

When TTC i had a few months with positive lines before due date followed by my AF a few days later. It's not worth the worry or heartbreak sad

So you could either wait before testing again on Monday ( I've always used ClearBlue's - try the digital 'dating' ones). If you're still worried, you could book in a doctor's appointment where they could test you or refer you for a blood test to confirm either way.

Good luck OP x

Backwoodsbarbie3372 Sat 24-Jan-15 18:33:36

Ok thank you. I personally think I am I was just wandering if this has happened to anyone before I think I am just testing too early.

lougle Sat 24-Jan-15 18:37:42

I can't see a definite line, tbh. I even copied it in to Paint and inverted the colours (you can see better when you're viewing the negative of the image) but it still didn't show a clear line. I'm not saying it won't become clear later, but right now I wouldn't hold that as a positive.

Number3cometome Sun 25-Jan-15 10:59:26

Get a FRER test, I cannot really see much on this test

Zsazsabinks Sun 25-Jan-15 11:01:09

A line is a line, I think you may be able to get excited! :D

Mumtobe26 Sun 25-Jan-15 12:09:24

Yeah I agree in that picture you can't see a line, i wish you could see the test as the line is a lot clearer - but it's blurry when i take a photo. I had another one like this so i took a first response and its neg. I'm 3 days late now and i'm never late so i'm really confused!! Can't help but think if i was pregnant it would be saying positive by now.

Backwoodsbarbie - how are you getting on? You sound the same as me!! Are you testing early? xxx

Mumtobe26 Sun 25-Jan-15 12:15:54

This is what I'm dealing with lol!!!

Jodie1982 Sun 25-Jan-15 12:29:14

Hmmm sorry but I can't c a line in any of those tests.

Number3cometome Sun 25-Jan-15 12:32:46

I can't see any lines I'm sorry - try again in a few days first wee of the day with a FRER

Mumtobe26 Sun 25-Jan-15 12:36:02

Meh I know. The FR is def neg but there is a faint one on the others but they are probably evap lines. Just wish i knew why my af is late then!!

Mumtobe26 Sun 25-Jan-15 12:59:56

BTW out of interest (as i'm clearly going a little crazy here..haha) when would you all recommend i test again. I'm 14 dpo today.. so should i just forget it now or could i still be in with a chance? xxx

ps thank you for all humouring me!!

plinkyplonks Sun 25-Jan-15 13:47:26

Personally, I wouldn't bother with the evap line tests as it seems to be just prolonging your pain and leaving you in limbo. I'd get a 2 pack of these Clearblue digi tests:

I got a positive result on my period due date and it was pretty accurate in identifying how many weeks pregnant I was too.

So I'd use one when my period was due (if that's today then do one today), then do one in a few days time if your period hasn't arrived yet.

If you're still getting negatives but your period still hasn't arrived, then I'd go to the doctors for further tests.

Good luck!

misssmilla1 Sun 25-Jan-15 14:00:37

I can't really see any lines..I waited until 1 day past AF being due as I'm always really regular, and used a first response test just to be sure (easier to read)

I had the period like cramps in the week up to when I was normally due and then for about 4-5 days after I tested positive. My OB-GYN said it's totally normal to get cramps when in early pregnancy.

Good Luck!

Number3cometome Sun 25-Jan-15 19:26:52

I got evap lines but wasn't pregnant, but then when I was pregnant those same cheap tests were negative until I was about 8 weeks! Clear blue or FRER are the best. Try in two days time

Mumtobe26 Mon 26-Jan-15 08:58:56

Well I woke up with AF so that answers all that! At least I can be a normal person again - I feel a little relieved just to know as it was stressing me out not knowing.

Let's keep our fingers crossed for next month. Thanks for all your help ladies!! xxxx

lougle Mon 26-Jan-15 16:14:21

I'm sorry you didn't get the confirmation you hoped for. Cheapie tests are a double edged sword. thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now