Advanced search

What are the best products for you and your baby? From travel systems to sterilisers, you can find out all you need to know from our Mumsnet Best reviews

Find out more

Am I the only one...

(16 Posts)
dillydollydarling Fri 23-Jan-15 16:09:43

...that is constantly looking at baby clothes and items you might need to buy even though its way too early to buy anything?

I'm nearly 9 weeks and I really have an urge to go and buy a cute outfit! Decided to let myself buy 1 item after 12 week scan grin

carbolicsoaprocked Fri 23-Jan-15 17:06:14

You are far from the only one, it's the most exciting thing! And those clothes are so little and cute! I bought a couple of things before 12 weeks, I felt it was allowed as they were good value! I say go for it!

SueV14 Fri 23-Jan-15 17:10:39

I remember my mom was do superstitious when she had my brother (I was 15 back then) she didn't want to buy anything whatsoever!! So once she delivered the baby and all was ok my dad and I walked out of the hospital (while mom was still there) and bought literally everything what was needed from bottles and nappies to baby-bed, changing table and pram. And so e basic clothes only cause a few days later we were buried in presents of baby clothes smile

SueV14 Fri 23-Jan-15 17:11:17

so superstitious that is.

D0nnaO Fri 23-Jan-15 17:15:39

our little one had a vest for every day of the year when I was 5 weeks haha grin

m33r Fri 23-Jan-15 18:03:44

Waited til 12 week scan then went nuts!! My mum - who was told to wait - biught stuff before that but didn't tell me til after! Have fun I say!

hestialou Fri 23-Jan-15 18:11:01

Last time told mum not to knit anything until after twelve weeks and I had a miscarriage, so this time have told her to knit away as decided to think positively smile

dillydollydarling Fri 23-Jan-15 19:16:14

Maybe I'll indulge myself and buy something grin I'm not particularly superstitious and its not like I think if I buy something, something will go wrong.

messyjessy7 Fri 23-Jan-15 19:24:18

I'm feeling exactly the same! I'm only 6 weeks but me and my mum spent ages in Next the other day looking at the gorgeous tiny clothes! It's so hard not to buy anything yet. Have told myself I'm allowed to buy after 12 weeks.
I guess it's your own personal choice though. Have fun whenever you decide it's time :D

milkandchalk Fri 23-Jan-15 19:26:47

I can't wait to get started buying.loads of cute stuff, I'm 10 weeks at the moment and I've resisted so far.
my mum has started knitting.already though and she's already asking if I want a pram or a cot blanket hmm

fattymcfatfat Sat 24-Jan-15 09:34:42

Im 14 weeks with dc 3. I dont really need much just some clothes as dc2 is only 13 montus and I got rid of all her clothes. I bought a towel that looks like a duck yesterday and my mum bought me my tandem buggy which is coming on monday other than that im pretty much sorted. Going to wait until I know what im having before buying clothes

Turquoisetamborine Sat 24-Jan-15 15:14:20

Chances are everything will be fine so I would buy away. I'm 24 weeks now but still haven't bought that much other than the pram and car seat. I have all of DS's clothes which are enough to not buy anything else at all other than bibs.
You will get an unbelievable amount of presents too. I got things sent from distant cousins, people who I'd never met at my mam's work!
Plus people have baby showers now. I've said I don't want one but I know my different groups of friends are planning at least two possibly three for me so I don't want to buy much.

VikingLady Sat 24-Jan-15 21:16:18

We planned to wait til the day after the 12w scan with DD, then I needed a second 12w scan a fortnight later as it was booked too early! The suspense drove me nuts! Then we bought one brand new outfit to bring her home in (everything else was going to be from charity shops/car boot sales). Unfortunately we didn't know "tiny baby" was different to "0-3m" grin

This time I bought a massively cute babygro at 5w, the day I got a bfp. It was how I told DH - I showed him that days shopping and waited for it to click!

ToriB34 Sat 24-Jan-15 21:25:58

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

dillydollydarling Sun 25-Jan-15 08:46:12

That is extremely true about the presents! This child has 7 grandparents (due to remarrying) and is the first grandchild for all of them. It's going to be so spoilt! I probably won't actually need to buy many clothes but I'm so tempted to go and get a whole wardrobe load!

I've been wanting a baby ever since I was about 16. 8 years is a long time to fantasise about it grin

sleepybee Sun 25-Jan-15 09:44:07

I couldnt look at baby stuff for about 20 weeks as I was so sick & looking at things just reminded how crap I felt! I've caught up now tho grin there's so many things to choose from it's so hard to decide what's essential & what's not confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now